B.S. Food Science: Food Science
A Recipe for Food Innovation
Study the chemistry, biology and engineering of food in this cooperative program between the University of Idaho and Washington State University. Examine food-spoiling bacteria, collect taste-sensory data, and learn how to process and package meat, dairy, cereal and produce products.
Many of your courses will be held on the WSU campus, just 8 miles from Moscow, giving you access to facilities and faculty experts at two renowned research universities.
- Learn to improve the nutrition and quality of foods
- Develop your own new food product and enter it in national competitions
- Gain hands-on experience with university and food industry resources
- Explore undergraduate research opportunities
- Check out our dairy foods management and fermentation science options
- Ranked as a top 10 best bachelor's in food science and nutrition programs