- First date to file FAFSA for the following academic year
- Award notifications begin for new students in February. Watch your VandalMail for notification and login to VandalWeb to review financial aid awards.
New Student Orientation
- New Student Orientation is Jan. 9-10, 2023 for students starting at University of Idaho in the spring semester.
- Accept your scholarship and financial aid package sent in late March.
- Vandal Ready next steps go live: select fall classes, on-campus housing and sign up for New Student Orientation.
- Make hotel reservations for your family for move-in at the start of school.
- UIdaho Bound event dates start.
Verify your Enrollment
- Notify other schools about your choice to become a Vandal.
- Watch your mail and VandalMail for more information.
Verify your University Housing
- Send all final transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- If you haven't already, register for fraternity or sorority recruitment or reserve your room in the residence halls.
- Make sure your family has hotel reservations for move-in at the start of school. Rooms fill up fast!
Prepare for Academics
- Order textbooks online.
- Watch for your university billing in the mail and on VandalWeb.
Last Minute Preparation
- Pay all university fees before the first day of classes.
- Aug 16, 2023 - Attend New Student Orientation.
- Aug 21, 2023 - First day of classes
Admitted To-Do List
See more steps to becoming a successful Vandal at the Admitted Student To-Do list.
International To-Do List
If you're an international student, make sure to take a look at your to-do list with immigration and other steps.
Financial Aid Abounds
From scholarships to student work study, learn what's available.
Are you Vandal Ready?
See the countdown to your next steps to confirming your spot as a Vandal.