- First date to file FAFSA for the following academic year
- Award notifications begin for new students in February. Watch your VandalMail for notification and login to VandalWeb to review financial aid awards.
New Student Orientation
- New Student Orientation is Jan. 9-10, 2023 for students starting at University of Idaho in the spring semester.
March & April
- Accept your scholarship and financial aid package sent in late March.
- Register for fraternity or sorority recruitment or reserve your room in the residence halls.
- Make hotel reservations for your family for move-in at the start of school.
Verify your Enrollment
- Notify other schools about your choice to become a Vandal.
- Watch your mail and VandalMail for information about registering for New Student Orientation.
Verify your University Housing
- Send all final transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- If you haven't already, register for fraternity or sorority recruitment or reserve your room in the residence halls.
- Make sure your family has hotel reservations for move-in at the start of school. Rooms fill up fast!
Prepare for Academics
- Order textbooks online.
- Watch for your university billing in the mail and on VandalWeb.
Last Minute Preparation
- Pay all university fees before the first day of classes.
- Aug 16, 2023 - Attend New Student Orientation.
- Aug 21, 2023 - First day of classes