We understand that you have a lot going on in your life. If you're participating in a religious mission, serving a military enlistment, contributing to your community, handling personal or family matters or working to earn money for college, you can defer your attendance for up to four years.
Deferred admission is a process at U of I where you use your current acceptance to reserve your seat in a future term.
Just fill out the form linked below to let us know you'll be deferring.
- This deferral information is for undergraduate students only. If you have been admitted to a graduate program and wish to defer, please email the Graduate Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-885-4001 for more information.
- A deferral request must be made before your initial start term.
- Your application fee is only waived with the first deferral request. All additional deferral requests are subject to an application fee if appropriate.
- Applicants who request deferred admission and enroll in colleges/universities during the deferral period are not guaranteed admission for a future entry term. Your transcripts will be required before a determination is made on full admission.
- Students who do not complete their applications or are denied admission are not eligible for deferred admission. You must apply for the new intended entry term and supply any necessary supporting documents.
- Scholarships and financial aid awarded for the original admission term are not guaranteed for future terms. Eligibility for scholarships and other financial aid will be recalculated based on the scholarship programs available and the FAFSA results at the time you declare your intent to enroll.