Transfer Admission Requirements
Transfer students are selected from those applicants who present a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 (C average) on all transferable college-level courses attempted at all accredited colleges attended. Students transferring from out-of-state schools in the College of Engineering must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80. Other departments may have additional requirements pertaining to transfer students.
If you are an international student you have different admission requirements.
As a transfer student you must submit:
- An application for admission.
- $60 application fee (non-refundable). No application fee required for Idaho residents.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- Applicants with fewer than 14 transferable credits must also meet the admission requirements for first-year students.
- High school records may aid in the scholarship selection process, so submission of high school credentials, although not required, is recommended.
If you do not meet the published criteria for admission at the time of review, you may apply to the Admissions Committee for consideration.
Transfer courses are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Courses transfer to University of Idaho on the same level as taken (lower or upper division) at the original institution. Quarter credits are converted to semester credits — one quarter credit equals 2/3 of a semester credit. Transfer courses given University of Idaho number 000 transfer as elective credits.
Students who have earned an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from a regionally accredited institution will enter University of Idaho with their general education requirements satisfied.
NO application fee for Idaho residents!