#YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship Application
The University of Idaho is proud to offer two annual, renewable scholarships for up to four years of study that are worth 50% tuition at the time of initial matriculation. The scholarships are open to first-year international students admitted for undergraduate degree-seeking study at the University of Idaho and may not be combined with Invitation to Idaho scholarships. Successful applicants will be dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message by bridging intercultural divides. Applicants will submit a 500-1000 word written essay or a two to five minute video about their leadership skills and ideas for utilizing those skills to advance intercultural learning and understanding at the University of Idaho.
- Be a first-year international applicant to University of Idaho.
- Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Complete a scholarship application containing a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment, or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning. (Note: You will have to be admitted to access the application and use the same email address and password used on your University of Idaho application.)
How to Apply
- Apply for admission to U of I before the admission application deadline.
- Submit the #YouAreWelcomeHere application before the scholarship application deadline. (Tip: use the same email address and password from your University of Idaho application.)
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Spring 2024 Deadline: Oct. 20, 2023
- Fall 2024 Deadline: April 14, 2024
- Scholarship can be renewed for up to four years (Fall and Spring semesters only).
- Participate in a minimum of 10 hours per semester of cultural sharing and engagement with the local community through an internship with the International Programs Office.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Enroll and successfully complete a minimum of 12 credits (exception may be granted) for Fall and Spring semesters.