Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP)
Students who are residents in WICHE member states* may be allowed to enroll in University of Idaho master’s, graduate certificate, and doctoral programs, outside of their home state, yet pay resident tuition rates. For more information, visit the FAQ page for the WRGP program.
Listed below are the WRGP Eligible U of I Programs.
- Accounting (Masters)
- Agricultural Education (Masters)
- Animal Physiology (Doctorate)
- Animal Science (Masters)
- Anthropology (Masters)
- Architecture (Masters)
- Art (MFA)
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (Masters)
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (Doctorate)
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (Graduate Certificate)
- Dietetics (Masters)
- Environmental Science (Masters)
- Environmental Science (Doctoral)
- Experimental Psychology - Human Factors Emphasis (Doctorate)
- Integrated Architecture and Design (Masters)
- Landscape Architecture (MLA)
- Law (JD)
- Nuclear Engineering (Masters)
- Nuclear Engineering (Doctoral)
- Physical Education (Masters)
- Psychology - Human Factors Emphasis (Masters)
- Statistical Science (Masters)
The Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) is a collaboration between universities from 16 neighboring states and territories, all member *WICHE, that reciprocally facilitates lower tuition rates comparable to in-state tuition.
When applying to selected graduate programs at the University of Idaho, students from WICHE states may qualify for Idaho in-state tuition.
*WICHE: Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education
A separate application is not required to be considered for the WRGP award. The Graduate Admissions office will make the eligibility determination based on the information provided in your graduate application. If you qualify, your tuition and fees will be adjusted to the in-state rate. The WRGP award and terms will be posted to your student account under the Financial Aid package after admission.
* WICHE member states/territories include:
- Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
- Federal States of Micronesia (FSM)
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI)
- South Dakota