University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

Expedited Graduate Admissions Program

As a University of Idaho graduate or current degree-seeking student, we are excited to be able to offer you an expedited admissions process which only requires a minimum 3.0 GPA, Statement of Purpose, and a bachelor’s degree earned or expected before the start of the semester you wish to enroll. The application fee and letters of recommendation will be waived. If you are interested in graduate work in your field of study, please take advantage of this opportunity to start your graduate program at U of I.

To apply using the expedited process to the following programs, please use this application.

  • Accounting M.Acct.
  • Adult Organizational Learning and Leadership M.S. (non-thesis)
  • Anthropology M.A. (non-thesis)
  • Applied Economics M.S. (non-thesis, must have a bachelors degree in: Ag. Econ. Econ., Stats., Math., Engr.)
  • Architecture M.Arch. (must have a degree in Arch. or IAD)
  • Biological Engineering M.Engr.
  • Chemical Engineering M.Engr.
  • Chemistry M.S. (non-thesis)
  • Civil Engineering M.Engr.
  • Computer Engineering M.Engr.
  • Computer Science M.S. (non-thesis, online)
  • Curriculum and Instruction (M.Ed., Ed.S.)
  • Electrical Engineering M.Engr.
  • Entomology M.S. (non-thesis)
  • Environmental Science M.S. (non-thesis, online)
  • Geography M.S. (non-thesis)
  • History M.A. (non-thesis)
  • Landscape Architecture M.L.A. (must have a degree in IAD, Arch., Landscape)
  • Mechanical Engineering M.Engr.
  • Movement and Leisure Sciences M.S. (non-thesis)
  • Natural Resources - Fire Ecology and Management (M.N.R.)
  • Natural Resources - Fish and Wildlife Science and Management (M.N.R.)
  • Natural Resources - Integrated Natural Resources (M.N.R.)
  • Natural Resources - Restoration Ecology and Habitat Management (M.N.R.)
  • Nuclear Engineering M.Engr.
  • Physical Education M.Ed.
  • Physics M.S. (non-thesis)
  • Soil and Land Resources (non-thesis) – Must have UG degree in Ag or CNR
  • Special Education M.Ed.
  • Theatre M.F.A. – Pedagogy
  • Water Resources M.S.

Admission to the graduate program does not come with any promise of funding or financial assistance. All decisions on funding or financial support come from the departments and questions about support should be directed to the Director of Graduate Studies in the department. COGS will notify your program of your application immediately and you should receive a communication from the Director of Graduate Studies in your selected program.

Office of Graduate Admissions

Physical Address:

820 Idaho Avenue
Morrill Hall, Room 205
Moscow, ID 83843

Mailing Address:

University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019