Disability Support Services provides assistive devices to students with disabilities through our AT Loan Program. The goal at DSS is to provide high quality assistive devices for students with disabilities. The devices are loaned to students free of charge. Examples of these devices are:
- Assistive listening devices
- Handheld digital recorders
- Other devices as necessary
- Come by the DSS office to fill out the necessary paperwork in order to receive assistive equipment.
- Properly care for the equipment.
- Return the device(s) to the DSS office by the date listed on the check-out form in the same condition as it was loaned out.
- Pay for any repairs or replacement costs in the event of loss, theft, or damage beyond normal usage (see below).
- If the equipment is not returned or replacement of the device is necessary, a hold may be placed on the students registration/transcript requests or costs charged to the students account.
Occasionally devices provided by DSS malfunction or need repair. Please bring the unit to DSS as soon as possible in order to have the system/device repaired. A replacement unit will be provided upon return of the non-functioning unit, depending upon availability. If a replacement unit is not immediately available, one will be provided as soon as DSS is able to procure one. In the case of damage caused by improper or rough handling of the unit, the student may be required to pay the cost of the repair.
For any questions or more information, please contact the DSS office at
Please bring the item needing repair to the DSS office at:
Disability Support Services