For Faculty & Staff
By enrolling at the University of Idaho, students voluntarily accept responsibility for compliance with all university policies as well as local ordinances, state and federal laws. Each student is responsible for their conduct from the time the university grants admission through the actual awarding of a degree.
You should file a conduct report using the VandalCARE reporting system if you believe a student has violated the university's Student Code of Conduct. This includes, but is not limited to, instances of academic dishonesty, misuse of university resources or property and alcohol and other drug use.
Alcohol and Other Drugs
You should report:
- The sale, use, or possession of illegal substances
- The sale or illegal possession/consumption of alcoholic beverages in facilities owned, leased, or operated by U of I and on campus grounds
For more information, please review Article II, Section 7 of the Student Code of Conduct.
You should report all instances of academic dishonesty so a central record of violations can be maintained. Instances of dishonesty include, but are not limited to:
- Cheating - Plagiarism - Fabrication
- Multiple Submissions
- Misrepresentation of Academic Records
- Unauthorized Collaboration/Collusion
- Research Misconduct
For more information, please review Article II, Section 1 of the Student Code of Conduct.