Vandal Break Bus
Parking and Transportation Services and the Office of the Dean of Students partner to provide chartered buses to students for low-cost, safe and convenient transportation for academic breaks.
Vandal Break Bus reservations for the 2022-23 academic year will be available for purchase online beginning July 6, 2022. Routes include Moscow to Idaho Falls (via Boise), Moscow to Boise and Moscow to Coeur d'Alene (confirmed for fall '22 and winter '22-'23). Round-trip and one-way reservations are available, and a number of additional departure/return points are available, depending on which route is selected.
- Vandal Break Bus Bucks: Students who purchase round trip reservations for all three breaks in the same academic year and who don’t purchase an annual parking permit will receive a gift card to the VandalStore equal to the amount of one, one-way reservation to their destination (Boise-$45; Idaho Falls-$65; Coeur d’Alene-$15) after they return from spring break. Students who prefer a credit to their account instead of a gift card should contact PTS.
- Students interested in visiting the Spokane area during breaks are encouraged to contact Northwestern Trailways for information on daily bus service between Moscow and Spokane.
- Students interested in visiting the Portland or Seattle areas during breaks are encouraged to contact Wheatland Express. Their Vacation Express offers economical service to both the Portland and Seattle areas with the same departure and return dates as Vandal Break Bus. Follow Wheatland Express on Facebook to get up-to-date information about their pricing, travel routes and other regional transportation services.
Break Buses Depart Promptly. Break Buses leave campus early on Saturday morning following the last day of classes and return the Sunday immediately prior to classes starting. Ticket holders should arrive early for all bus trips. Each rider may bring no more than three pieces of luggage that are tagged for identification; please tag bags before arriving for the bus. These are long trips and riders should be prepared with snacks, food and beverages as needed. A confirmation email with detailed itineraries, including times and locations of stops, will be sent to each rider.
Safety Precautions. Riders will be required to comply with any COVID-19 safety precautions as set forth by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the CDC.
2022-23 Vandal Break Bus Schedule
Fall 2022: Departs Saturday, Nov. 19, 2022 | Returns Sunday, Nov. 27, 2022
Winter 2022-23: Departs Saturday, Dec. 17, 2022 | Returns Sunday, Jan. 8, 2023
Spring 2023: Departs Saturday, March 11, 2023 | Returns Sunday, March 19, 2023
Travel on the Vandal Break Bus requires a unique reservation per each academic break.
|Cost per Break, by Destination||Round-Trip||One-Way|
|Idaho Falls (via Boise) route||$120||$65|
|Coeur d'Alene route||$25||$15|
Vandal Break Bus reservations must be made by noon the Wednesday prior to departure from U of I. Students who cancel Break Bus reservations after purchase are eligible for full or partial refunds depending on the date of cancellation, as explained below.
FALL '22: Departs 11/19/22 | Returns 11/27/22
- Final purchase date: Wednesday, 11/16/22 by noon (PST)
- Full refund deadline: 11/12/22
- 50% refund deadline: 11/19/22
WINTER '22-'23: Departs 12/17/22 | Returns 1/8/23
- Final purchase date: Wednesday, 12/14/22 by noon (PST)
- Full refund deadline: 12/10/22
- 50% refund deadline: 12/17/22
SPRING '23: Departs 3/11/23 | 3/19/23
- Final purchase date: Wednesday, 3/8/23 by noon (PST)
- Full refund deadline: 3/4/23
- 50% refund deadline: 3/11/23
Buses on the Boise/Idaho Falls routes make their first stop at New Meadows and travel to towns along Highway 95 and I-84 through Boise, continuing to Idaho Falls. Times of arrival/departure for bus schedule are estimated. Delays could be possible due to weather, road conditions, etc.
|MOSCOW||Stop 1: Wallace Complex||7 a.m. PST|
|Stop 2: Bruce M. Pitman Ctr||7:40 a.m. PST|
|New Meadows||Turning Point Chevron (Lunch stop)||noon MST|
|Weiser||Maverik | 703 E Main||2 p.m. MST|
|Payette||Jackson's Food | 565 S 16th St||2:20 p.m. MST|
|Caldwell||Flying J | 3512 Franklin Rd||2:50 p.m. MST|
|Nampa||Denny's | 607 Northside Blvd||3 p.m. MST|
|Meridian||Lowe's | 305 W Overland Rd||3:15 p.m. MST|
|BOISE||Albertsons (Snack/Dinner) | 6560 S Federal Way, Exit 57||3:30 p.m. MST|
|Mountain Home||McDonald's| 2840 American Legion Blvd, Exit 95||4:15 p.m. MST|
|Bliss||Ziggy's Express Station/Philips 66 | US 30, Exit 141||5 p.m. MST|
|Twin Falls||Flying J | Exit 173||5:35 p.m. MST|
|Burley||Maverik | 701 Overland Ave||6:20 p.m. MST|
|Pocatello/Chubbuck||Exxon (in front of Walmart) | 4230 Yellowstone Ave||7:40 p.m. MST|
|Blackfoot||Stinker Station | 1228 Parkway, Exit 93||8:05 p.m. MST|
|IDAHO FALLS||Shaka's Chevron | 1520 Grandview Dr, Exit 119||8:30 p.m. MST|
|IDAHO FALLS||Shaka's Chevron | 1520 Grandview Dr, Exit 119||6:30 a.m. MST|
|Blackfoot||Stinker Station |1228 Parkway, Exit 93||7 a.m. MST|
|Pocatello/Chubbuck||Exxon (in front of Walmart) | 4230 Yellowstone Ave||7:30 a.m. MST|
|Burley||Maverik | 701 Overland Ave||8:45 a.m. MST|
|Twin Falls||Flying J | Exit 173||9:30 a.m. MST|
|Bliss||Ziggy's Express Station/Philips 66 | US 30, Exit 141||10 a.m. MST|
|Mountain Home||McDonald's| 2840 American Legion Blvd, Exit 95||11 a.m. MST|
|BOISE||Albertsons (Lunch stop) | 6560 S Federal Way, Exit 57||Noon MST|
|Meridian||Lowe's Home Improvement | 305 W Overland Rd||12:15 p.m. MST|
|Nampa||Denny's | 607 Northside Blvd||12:30 p.m. MST|
|Caldwell||Flying J | 3512 Franklin Rd||1 p.m. MST|
|Payette||Jackson's Food | 565 S 16th St||1:45 p.m. MST|
|Weiser||Maverik | 703 E Main||2:15 p.m. MST|
|New Meadows||Turning Point Chevron | (Dinner/snack stop)||4 p.m. MST|
|MOSCOW||Stop 1: Wallace Complex||7 p.m. PST|
|Stop 2: Bruce M. Pitman Ctr||7:15 p.m. PST|