Vandal Break Bus
Parking and Transportation Services and the Office of the Dean of Students partner to provide chartered buses to students for low-cost, safe and convenient transportation for academic breaks.
Vandal Break Bus tickets are on sale now for fall, winter and spring breaks during the 2021-22 year. Sales for each Break Bus route will close promptly at noon the day prior to departure. Routes for the 2021-22 academic year include Moscow > Spokane (via Coeur d'Alene), Moscow > Idaho Falls (via Boise), and Moscow > Boise. Round-trip and one-way reservations are available, and a number of additional departure/return points are available, depending on which route is selected.
- Students interested in visiting the Portland or Seattle areas during breaks are encouraged to contact Wheatland Express. Their "Vacation Express" offers economical service to both the Portland and Seattle areas with the same departure and return dates as Vandal Break Bus. Follow Wheatland Express on Facebook to get up-to-date information about their pricing, travel routes and other regional transportation services.
Vandal Break Bus Bucks for Frequent Riders! Vandals who purchase round-trip tickets for all three U of I-sponsored Vandal Break Buses during the 2021-22 academic year and who complete all three trips will receive one $30 gift card for the VandalStore on their return to campus following spring break. Details on how to collect Break Bus Bucks will be included in the confirmation email for spring Break Bus.
Break Buses Depart Promptly. Break Buses leave campus early on Saturday morning following the last day of classes and return the Sunday immediately prior to classes starting. Ticket holders should arrive early for all bus trips. Each rider may bring no more than three pieces of luggage that are tagged for identification; please tag bags before arriving for the bus. These are long trips and riders should be prepared with snacks, food and beverages as needed. A confirmation email with detailed itineraries, including times and locations of stops, will be sent to each rider.
Safety Precautions. Riders will be required to comply with COVID-19 safety precautions as set forth by the Transportation Services Administration (TSA) and/or the CDC. Effective June 18, 2021, riders are required to wear masks on the buses at all times except when eating or drinking, at least through September 13, 2021. This website will be updated when revised guidance from the TSA and/or CDC becomes available.
2021-22 Vandal Break Bus Schedule
Fall 2021: Departs Saturday, November 20, 2021 | Returns Sunday, November 28, 2021
Winter 2021-22: Departs Saturday, December 18, 2021 | Returns Sunday, January 9, 2022
Spring 2022: Departs Saturday, March 12, 2022 | Returns Sunday, March 20, 2022
Vandal Break Bus will operate according to Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recommendations:
- Masks are required at least until September 13, 2021, in compliance with the President's executive order 13998 issued January 21, 2021, and the CDC Emergency Order, effective February 1, 2021, under section 310 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 247d).
- Questions? Contact Parking and Transportation Services at email@example.com or 208-885-6424
Travel on the Vandal Break Bus requires one reservation per each academic break. Vandals who purchase and complete Break Bus round-trips on each of the three breaks during the 2021-22 academic year will receive one $30 gift card for the VandalStore on their return to campus following spring break. Details on how to collect Break Bus Bucks will be included in the confirmation email for spring Break Bus.
|Cost per Break, by Destination||Round-Trip||One-Way|
|Idaho Falls (via Boise) route||$195||$100|
|Coeur d'Alene/Spokane, WA route||$50||$25|
Vandal Break Bus reservations must be made by noon the day prior to departure from U of I. Students who cancel Break Bus reservations after purchase are eligible for full or partial refunds depending on the date of cancellation, as explained below.
FALL '21: Departs 11/20/21 | Returns 11/28/21
- Final purchase date: 11/19/21 by noon (PST)
- Full refund deadline: 11/13/21
- 50% refund deadline: 11/20/21
WINTER '21-'22: Departs 12/18/21 | Returns 1/9/22
- Final purchase date: 12/17/21 by noon (PST)
- Full refund deadline: 12/11/21
- 50% refund deadline: 12/18/21
SPRING '22: Departs 3/12/22 | 3/20/22
- Final purchase date: 3/11/22 by noon (PST)
- Full refund deadline: 3/5/22
- 50% refund deadline: 3/12/22
Buses on the Boise/Idaho Falls route make their first stop at New Meadows and travel to towns along Highway 95 and Interstate to Boise. The bus will continue to transport students beyond Boise, making stops along the interstate to Idaho Falls. Times of arrival/departure for bus schedule are estimated. Delays could be possible due to weather, road conditions, etc.
Coeur d'Alene and Spokane, Washington, Route
The bus on the Coeur d'Alene/Spokane route will make its first stop in Coeur d'Alene and continue to Spokane, WA. Times of arrival and departure for bus schedule are estimated. Delays could be possible due to weather, road conditions, etc. This route does not stop at Spokane International Airport. For information on airport shuttles from Moscow to Spokane International Airport, contact SMART Transit at 208-883-7747, come to the ITC , or contact Wheatland Express.