Vandal Break Bus
Vandal Break Bus reservations for the 2023-24 academic year are selling quickly. The number of seats is limited and reservations are first-come, first-served until buses are full.
Parking and Transportation Services and the Office of the Dean of Students partner to provide chartered buses to students for low-cost, safe and convenient transportation for academic breaks.
Vandal Break Bus reservations for the 2023-24 academic year will be available for purchase online beginning July 11, 2023. Routes include Moscow to Idaho Falls (via Boise) ($150 round trip) and Moscow to Boise ($100 round trip). Reservations are available for round trips only, and a number of departure/return points are available, depending on which route is selected. Students from nearby locations such as Washington State University and Lewis and Clark State College are welcome to purchase tickets and ride the Vandal Break Bus as long as they can get to campus to load onto the bus.
- Vandal Break Bus Bucks: Students who purchase round trip reservations for all three breaks in the same academic year and who don’t purchase an annual parking permit will receive a rebate equivalent to 25% of the cost of one round trip reservation. Riders are eligible after their travel has been completed on the Vandal Break Bus for all three breaks. The rebate will be issued as either a gift certificate to the VandalStore OR a credit to the card that purchased their Vandal Break Bus reservation, depending on the rider's preference. Rebates will be issued approximately one week after the end of spring break.
- Students interested in visiting the Spokane area during breaks are encouraged to contact Northwestern Trailways for information on daily bus service between Moscow and Spokane.
- Students interested in visiting the Portland or Seattle areas during breaks are encouraged to contact Wheatland Express. Their Vacation Express offers economical service to both the Portland and Seattle areas with the same departure and return dates as Vandal Break Bus. Follow Wheatland Express on Facebook to get up-to-date information about their pricing, travel routes and other regional transportation services.
Vandal Break Buses depart promptly from campus. Break Buses leave campus early on Saturday morning following the last day of classes and return the Sunday immediately prior to classes starting. Ticket holders should arrive early for all bus trips. Each rider may bring no more than two pieces of luggage that are tagged with their identification information and one small carry-on item. Please tag luggage before arriving for the bus. These are long trips and riders should be prepared with snacks, food and beverages as needed. A confirmation email with detailed itineraries, including times and locations of stops, will be sent to each rider.
Questions? Find us at email@example.com.
2023-24 Vandal Break Bus Schedule
Fall 2023: Departs Saturday, Nov. 18, 2023 | Returns Sunday, Nov. 26, 2023
Winter 2023-24: Departs Saturday, Dec. 16, 2023 | Returns Sunday, Jan. 7, 2024
Spring 2024: Departs Saturday, March 9, 2024 | Returns Sunday, March 17, 2024
Travel on the Vandal Break Bus requires a unique reservation per each academic break.
|Cost per Break, by Destination||Round-Trip
|Idaho Falls (via Boise) route||$150|
Vandal Break Bus reservations can be made until reservations are sold out or by noon the Wednesday prior to departure if seats are still available. EARLY PURCHASES RECOMMENDED: like all other transportation, the number of seats is limited and buses often sell out.
Students who cancel Break Bus reservations after purchase are eligible for full or partial refunds depending on the date of cancellation, as explained below.
FALL '23: Departs 11/18/23 | Returns 11/26/23
- Final purchase date: Wednesday, 11/15/23 by noon (PST)
- Full refund deadline: 11/15/23
- 50% refund deadline: 11/18/23
WINTER '23-'24: Departs 12/16/23 | Returns 1/7/24
- Final purchase date: Wednesday, 12/13/23 by noon (PST)
- Full refund deadline: 12/6/23
- 50% refund deadline: 12/13/23
SPRING '24: Departs 3/9/24 | 3/17/24
- Final purchase date: Wednesday, 3/6/24 by noon (PST)
- Full refund deadline: 2/28/24
- 50% refund deadline: 3/6/24
Arrival times for all routes of the Vandal Break Bus schedule are estimated. Delays could be possible due to weather, road conditions, etc.
Buses on the Boise/Idaho Falls routes make their first stop at New Meadows and travel to towns along Highway 95 and I-84 through Boise, continuing to Idaho Falls.
|MOSCOW||Stop 1: Wallace Complex||7 a.m.|
|Stop 2: Bruce M. Pitman Ctr||7:40 a.m.|
|New Meadows||Turning Point Chevron (Lunch stop)||Noon|
|Weiser||Maverik | 703 E Main||2 p.m.|
|Payette||Jackson's Food | 565 S 16th St||2:20 p.m.|
|Caldwell||Flying J | 3512 Franklin Rd||2:50 p.m.|
|Nampa||Denny's | 607 Northside Blvd||3 p.m.|
|Meridian||Lowe's | 305 W Overland Rd||3:15 p.m.|
|BOISE||Albertsons (Snack/Dinner) | 6560 S Federal Way, Exit 57||3:30 p.m.|
|Mountain Home||McDonald's| 2840 American Legion Blvd, Exit 95||4:15 p.m.|
|Bliss||Ziggy's Express Station/Philips 66 | US 30, Exit 141||5 p.m.|
|Twin Falls||Flying J | Exit 173||5:35 p.m.|
|Burley||Maverik | 701 Overland Ave||6:30 p.m.|
|Pocatello/Chubbuck||Exxon (in front of Walmart) | 4230 Yellowstone Ave||7:50 p.m.|
|Blackfoot||Stinker Station | 1228 Parkway, Exit 93||8:15 p.m.|
|IDAHO FALLS||Shaka's Chevron | 1520 Grandview Dr, Exit 119||8:40 p.m.|
|IDAHO FALLS||Shaka's Chevron | 1520 Grandview Dr, Exit 119||6:30 a.m.|
|Blackfoot||Stinker Station |1228 Parkway, Exit 93||7 a.m.|
|Pocatello/Chubbuck||Exxon (in front of Walmart) | 4230 Yellowstone Ave||7:30 a.m.|
|Burley||Maverik | 701 Overland Ave||8:45 a.m.|
|Twin Falls||Flying J | Exit 173||9:30 a.m.|
|Bliss||Ziggy's Express Station/Philips 66 | US 30, Exit 141||10:10 a.m.|
|Mountain Home||McDonald's| 2840 American Legion Blvd, Exit 95||11:10 a.m.|
|BOISE||Albertsons (Lunch stop) | 6560 S Federal Way, Exit 57||12:15 p.m.|
|Meridian||Lowe's Home Improvement | 305 W Overland Rd||12:30 p.m.|
|Nampa||Denny's | 607 Northside Blvd||12:45 p.m.|
|Caldwell||Flying J | 3512 Franklin Rd||1:15 p.m.|
|Payette||Jackson's Food | 565 S 16th St||2 p.m.|
|Weiser||Maverik | 703 E Main||2:30 p.m.|
|New Meadows||Turning Point Chevron | (Dinner/snack stop)||4:15 p.m.|
|MOSCOW||Stop 1: Wallace Complex||7:15 p.m.|
|Stop 2: Bruce M. Pitman Ctr||7:30 p.m.|