Vandal Family Support Resources
Everyone is different when coping with grief. Find the people and help you need during this time.
Resources for Tough Times
Counseling & Testing Center
Offering a wide range of inclusive and respectful counseling services and resources.
24/7 Security Service
Submit a concern
We CARE about student success and well-being. The mission of VandalCARE is to provide care and concern for students who may be in distress.
Drop-in counseling is available at the Counseling and Testing Center (CTC) for students in the Moscow area. You do not need an appointment for drop-in counseling. Just show up and someone will be there to support you.
- Counseling and Testing Center
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mary Forney Hall, third floor.
You can also call the Counseling and Testing Center at 208-885-6716 to connect with a counselor; select option three in the evenings and on weekends to talk with a counselor. For those away from campus, Zoom meetings are available. You do not need to be in person to connect with support.
Students from the Boise area can also receive support from the Boise State University Counseling Center. Call 208-426-1459 or visit the Norco Building, second floor (1529 Belmont St.) on the Boise State campus.
From 4 p.m. to 8 a.m., students and employees can call 208-885-SAFE (7233) to request either a campus safety escort or Safe Ride. The Safe Ride will provide on-campus transportation for you to access your vehicle, buildings near classes, campus housing or sorority/fraternity chapter facilities. This shuttle service transports on campus only.
- Alternatives to Violence on the Palouse (atvp.org) | 1-877-334-2887 | Moscow
- Behavioral Health Crisis Center Idaho Falls (eastidahocrisis.com) | Idaho Falls
- Crisis Center of South Central Idaho (crisisidaho.com) | Twin Falls
- North Idaho Crisis Center (nicrisiscenter.org) | Coeur d’ Alene
- Pathways Community Crisis Center of Southwest Idaho (pcccsi.com) | Boise
- Satellite Location Clinical Services (uidaho.edu/ctc) | Boise, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls Research & Extension Center and McCall Field Campus
- National Suicide & Crisis Lifeline | 988 or 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line | Text HELLO to 741741 or to 433-SUPPORT in WhatsApp
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline | 208-398-4357
Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year-round. Text support is available Monday through Friday, 3 p.m. to Midnight.