Office of Equity and Diversity
The Office of Equity and Diversity engages in social justice advocacy through policy implementation, programs and services that promote access and inclusion for cultural and diverse populations. We collaborate with stakeholders to develop an intentional, culturally literate and responsive community founded on respect for the individual and the collective. We are committed to ensuring bias-free, safe spaces for our entire Vandal family, to achieve our university’s mission of focused and inclusive excellence.
Our Core Values
- Cultural Responsiveness – We learn, model and teach skilled interactions with people of different cultures, promoting principles of cultural humility that support multiple world views, perspectives and practices.
- Access – We work strategically to create and promote broad educational experiences in which all individuals can fully participate.
- Social Justice – We lead institutional efforts to advance access, inclusion, equity of opportunity and resources for our university community.
- Integrity – We exemplify ethical actions, language and conduct that acknowledge, respect and honor the humanity and value of every person.
- Safety – We strive to foster a safe and inclusive environment for individuals of all identities to feel acknowledged and supported.