Where science meets law.
Today’s justice system relies on forensic scientists to help investigate and evaluate important information and evidence in crimes, accidents and other legal situations.
This program provides you with the chemistry foundation, analytical skills and laboratory experiences to pursue a career in the crime lab. Coursework provides an understanding of the properties of chemicals and other substances, how they interact with each other, the changes they undergo, and the natural laws that cause these changes.
The program emphasizes laboratory research with opportunities to apply your chemistry knowledge to solve problems in a variety of settings.
This degree could be a good fit if you:
- Have an inquisitive mind
- Are interested in the physical sciences
- Interested in working in the legal system
- Have a strong work ethic
- Are curious about how things work
- Enjoy research
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Research and development chemist
- Industrial process chemist
- Technical manager
- Science teacher
- Forensic scientist
- Analyst in mining and the oil industry
- Policy maker in government
- Environmental consultant
- Lab technician
- Art restoration expert
- Atmospheric scientist
- Chemist in pharmaceutical, mining, food and oil industries
Pre-Physical Therapy, Focus