The study of life.
Life on earth holds many mysteries. Biological scientists work to unlock these mysteries with answers that help us better understand all living things.
In this program, you will explore fundamental biological principles as they relate to the life of humans, animals, plants and microorganisms. You will study concepts in evolution, genetics, ecology, anatomy, physiology and more. You will develop your investigative skills, with hands-on research experiences both in the laboratory and out in the field.
The program is excellent preparation for advanced degree programs in medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, nursing or biology-related graduate program. In fact, 80 percent of students who enter medical, dental and physical therapy schools majored in a core science like biology.
This degree could be a good fit if you:
- Have a genuine curiosity about life on earth
- Enjoy science and research
- Have a strong work ethic
- Are a creative problem solver and critical thinker
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- High school biology or chemistry teacher
- Medical doctor
- Physical therapist
- Academic professor/researcher
- Pharmaceutical researcher
- Pharmaceutical sales representative
- Bio technician
Pre-Physical Therapy, Focus