Chemistry for a career in medicine.
If you are interested in a future as a doctor, dentist, physical therapist or other related profession in health care, this program can help prepare you for success at your next level of education.
This option gives you the flexibility to focus on the specific courses you will need for entrance exams into medical school, dental school or other professional school. You will receive thorough chemical training, develop strong research skills, and learn how to apply your chemistry knowledge to solve problems in health care and many other fields.
Students in this program graduate with a solid foundation in chemistry. If you change your mind about your career choice as a doctor or other health care professional, you will still graduate equipped with the skills and knowledge to enter a career in chemistry.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Have an inquisitive mind
- Are interested in the physical sciences
- Want to enter medical school, dental school, or other professional school
- Have a strong work ethic
- Are curious about how things work
- Enjoy research
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Candidate for medical school, dental school or other professional school
- Research and development chemist
- Industrial process chemist
- Technical manager
- Science teacher
- Forensic scientist
- Analyst in mining and the oil industry
- Policy maker in government
- Environmental consultant
- Lab technician
- Art restoration expert
- Atmospheric scientist
- Chemist in pharmaceutical, mining, food and oil industries
Pre-Medical Laboratory Scientist, Focus