Strength in numbers.
Mathematics is a fundamental science that helps drive innovation in a variety of industries. Whether you want a career in research and development, business and finance, or teaching, this program will help you meet your career goals.
With an advanced degree in this field, you will develop the ability to apply complex mathematical theories, computational techniques and algorithms to solve economic, scientific, engineering, physics and business-related problems.
You will have many opportunities for research and hands-on experiences, with special opportunities to work with our top faculty on nation-leading research in the areas of bioinformatics, combinatorics, differential equations, algebra and mathematics education.
This degree could be a good fit if you:
- Like to solve complex problems and puzzles
- Have strong reasoning skills
- Are able to identify, analyze and apply basic math principles to technical problems
- Have solid written and oral communication skills
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Financial analyst
- Computer programmer
- Insurance, business and financial consultant
- Security consultant
- Business technology, research and product development (develop new software, hardware, Internet applications or security and data management systems)
- Professor and researcher