Request More Information
The chemistry of life.
Behind every living organism is a complex network of molecules and other substances working together to control how cells grow and function. Biochemistry explores this fascinating chemical process.
In this program, you will study the structure of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids and other biomolecules. You will also learn about cellular processes such as DNA replication, protein secretion, energy metabolism and immune responses.
The program is excellent preparation for graduate school or for medical, dental, physical therapy, or other allied health programs.
This degree could be a good fit if you:
- Are curious about the natural world
- Enjoy the life sciences, chemistry and math
- Like to do research and experiments in the lab
- Are detail oriented
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Medical researcher
- Industrial and or agricultural biochemist
- Pharmaceutical scientist
- Physician or other health-care professional
- Science writer
- Researcher or manager for environmental programs
- Pharmaceutical sales representative
Pre-Physician Assistant, Focus