Prepare the next generation of agriculture leaders.
At an early age, youth can begin learning important lifelong skills about raising crops, caring for animals, conducting research and managing a farm or agribusiness.
This program prepares you to teach secondary-level students (grades 6-12) about the agriculture industry and technologies. You will gain broad agriculture knowledge, explore teaching methods, and learn how to plan a curriculum, manage a classroom and supervise out-of-classroom learning programs like FFA and 4-H.
Hands-on learning opportunities include shadowing a local teacher, assisting a local FFA chapter, and studying at the on-campus animal centers, greenhouses and plant science farms.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Want to become a teacher
- Enjoy working with youth
- Are interested in agriculture sciences
- Have strong communication and leadership skills
- Are involved in 4-H, FFA or other agriculture-related activities
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Agriculture teacher at secondary level (6-12 grades)
- Supervisor of FFA or 4-H
- Youth development educator
- Marketing specialist
- Community planning consultant
- University extension educator
Biotechnology and Plant Genomics, B.S.