Request More Information
Help families manage the complexities of work, life and relationships.
Families in today’s complex global society face many challenges when it comes to relationships, work-life balance, raising children, finances and housing.
In this program, you will prepare to make a difference in the lives of these families with a sophisticated understanding of child development, family sciences, nutrition, resource management, clothing and more.
You will learn research techniques to make advancements in the field and gain leadership skills to manage programs and services that address the diverse issues of individuals and families.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in family and consumer sciences or a related field
- Enjoy conducting research in the field
- Want to contribute positively to the family environment
- Enjoy working with people
- Have strong leadership, communication and critical-thinking skills
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Family and consumer sciences educator
- Director of a child care center
- Director of a social services program
- Product developer
- Financial planner
- Family advocate
Plant Pathology, M.S.