Request More Information
Gain a competitive edge in agriculture.
A foundation in agriculture will provide you with a professional advantage for a future in public relations, journalism, education, business management, sales and many other fields.
This program focuses on the broad study of food production and the use of natural resources. You will explore a variety of topics related to the agriculture industry and gain a specific skill-set that best prepares you for a career in an area of agriculture that interests you.
Students choose from courses in agricultural education; agricultural science and technology; agricultural economics and rural sociology; animal and veterinary science; family and consumer sciences; food science; plant science; entomology, plant pathology and nematology; soil and water systems.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Want flexibly in your education
- Enjoy hands-on, active learning
- Have an interest in science and the agriculture industry
- Have strong communication skills
- Are involved in 4-H, FFA or other agriculture-related activities
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Public relations specialist
- Farm or ranch manager
- Field representatives
- Adult educator
- Agriculture analyst
- Youth development educator
Food & Nutrition, B.S.