Request More Information
Prepare the next generation of agriculture leaders.
At an early age, youth can begin learning important lifelong skills about raising crops, caring for animals, conducting research and managing a farm or agribusiness.
This program prepares you to teach secondary-level students (grades 6-12) about the agriculture industry and technologies. You will gain broad agriculture knowledge, explore teaching methods, and learn how to plan a curriculum, manage a classroom and supervise out-of-classroom learning programs like FFA and 4-H.
Hands-on learning opportunities include shadowing a local teacher, assisting a local FFA chapter, and studying at the on-campus animal centers, greenhouses and plant science farms.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Want to become a teacher
- Enjoy working with youth
- Are interested in agriculture sciences
- Have strong communication and leadership skills
- Are involved in 4-H, FFA or other agriculture-related activities
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Agriculture teacher at secondary level (6-12 grades)
- Supervisor of FFA or 4-H
- Youth development educator
- Marketing specialist
- Community planning consultant
- University extension educator
Human Development and Family Studies, B.S.