B.S. Agricultural Education
Teaching Agriculture's Next Leaders
Teach the next generation of agricultural leaders in grades 6-12 as an agricultural educator. Explore teaching methods, learn how to plan a curriculum, manage a classroom, and supervise out-of-classroom learning programs. Experience hands-on learning opportunities with local teachers and at on-campus animal centers, greenhouses and plant sciences farms.
- U of I is the only agriculture teacher preparation program in Idaho.
- Assist high school students with FFA activities.
- Become a licensed secondary agriculture teacher.
- Access computer-controlled greenhouses, plant science farms and animal centers.
- Gain experience as a student teacher in Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon, California or Alaska.
AELC students broaden horizons in GOALs program.
Global Food Security
AELC students gain experience in global agriculture.
A Summer on the Ranch
CALS student gains hands-on ranching experience.