The pathology of disease, for a better world.
Pursue a specialized education by studying global disease ecology, where you will explore the causes and types of human, animal and plant diseases in preparation for a career in a variety of fields, including medicine, veterinary medicine, public health and more. The management and control of human, animal and plant pathogens is an ongoing concern, and you'll graduate equipped to address these concerns.
You will develop the skills to solve real-world problems facing global and public health, animal welfare, food and water quality, sustainable agriculture, sustainable forestry and more. This course of study includes a senior research practicum which pairs you with a faculty mentor to maximize your career prospects.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy studying biology and other sciences
- Seek out leadership roles in student clubs
- Enjoy researching and working in a lab setting
- Enjoy the independence of setting your own goals
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Water resource specialist
- Environmental compliance inspector
- Animal scientist
- Soil and plant scientist
- Environmental scientist and specialist, including health
- Environmental science and protection technician, including health
- Forest and conservation technician
- Community health worker
- Physician assistant
- Nurse practitioner
- Medical and clinical laboratory technician
- Agricultural inspector
Agricultural Economics, B.S.
Human Development and Family Studies, B.S.