Support individuals, families and your community.
This program provides a wide-reaching course of study that shapes educators who can guide families and individuals in making informed life decisions. From human development and food science to personal finance and child and family development, you will explore diverse topics and prepare for a career addressing the complex issues facing individuals, families and communities.
You will experience hands-on learning in the foods lab and child development lab and choose a focus area that suits your interests and career goals in preparation for a people-centered profession. If working with others and helping citizens in your community thrive is appealing to you, then a degree in family and consumer sciences is the right choice.
This program could be a good fit if you want to:
- Work with children or families
- Volunteer in your community
- Be a leader among your peers
- Make a difference in the lives of others
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Education administrator, preschool and childcare center/program
- Education administrator, elementary and secondary school
- Financial analyst
- Credit counselor
- Educational, guidance, school or vocational counselor
- Child, family or school social worker
- Education teacher, postsecondary
- Social work teacher, postsecondary
- Home economics teacher, postsecondary
- Preschool teacher, except special education
- Kindergarten teacher, except special education
- Middle school teacher, except special and career/technical education
- Family and general practitioner
- Childcare worker
Agricultural Systems Management, B.S.
Biotechnology and Plant Genomics, B.S.