Advertising (B.A. & B.S.)
Promoting Products & Services
Advertising is everywhere. In this program, you will develop a versatile set of skills to be successful in this evolving media landscape. Advertising students learn to write, create, sell, schedule and produce media messages to promote products and services. Graduates pursue careers in fields ranging from corporate advertising and marketing to media sales and brand management. Students acquire skills in media planning, account management, research, Internet communications, copywriting and graphic design.
- Participate in American Advertising Federation’s National Student Advertising Competition (Ad Team).
- Work with faculty with professional experience.
- Take classes in marketing, graphic design and digital media.
- Personalized advising with focus on internships and career planning.
- 2013 College Media Matters “Top 50” U.S. journalism programs.
- UI offers the only stand-alone Advertising degree in Idaho.