Ag Biotech, Room 303
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2333
Moscow, ID 83844-2333
- PLSC 207: Introduction to Biotechnology
- PLSC 440: Advanced Laboratory Techniques
- Develop and conduct research in molecular mechanisms of plant disease resistance and plant tolerance to salt/drought stress, focusing on elucidation of signal transduction in disease resistance and stress responses in tomato and potato
- Huang W., Miao M., Kud J., Niu X., Ouyang B., Zhang J., Ye Z., Kuhl J., Liu Y. and Xiao, F.* (*: corresponding author). SlNAC1, a Stress-Related Transcription Factor, Is Fine-Tuned on Both Transcriptional and Post-Translational Levels. New Phytologist. In press.
- Cao Y., Tang X., Giovanoni, J., Xiao, F. and Liu, Y. (2012). Functional Characterization of a COBRA-like Gene in Fruit Development and Ripening in Tomato. BMC Plant Biology. In press.
- Tang X, Liu J, Huang S, Shi W, Tang D, Niu X, Miao M, Xiao F, Liu Y., Liu, J., Miao, M., Giovanoni, J., Xiao, F.* and Liu, Y* (*: corresponding authors) 2012. Roles of UV-damaged DNA binding protein 1 (DDB1) in epigenetically modifying multiple traits of agronomic importance in tomato. Plant Signaling and Behavior. 2012 Oct 16;7(12)
- Liu J, Tang X, Gao L, Gao Y, Li Y, Huang S, Sun X, Miao M, Zeng H, Tian X, Niu X, Zheng L, Giovannoni J, Xiao, F.* and Liu, Y.* (*: corresponding author). 2012. A Role of Tomato UV-Damaged DNA Binding Protein 1 (DDB1) in Organ Size Control via an Epigenetic Manner. PLoS One. 2012;7(8):e42621. Epub 2012 Aug 21
- Du, X., Miao, M., Ma, X., Liu, Y., Kuhl, J.C., Martin, G.B. and Xiao, F.* (*: corresponding author) (2012). Plant programmed cell death caused by an autoactive form of Prf is suppressed by co-expression of the Prf LRR domain. Molecular Plant. 5(5):1058-67.
- Liu, J., Li, H., Miao, M., Tang, X., Giovannoni, J., Xiao, F.*, and Liu, Y* (corresponding author) (2012). The tomato DNA damaged binding protein 1 (DDB1) is implicated in PR gene expression and resistance to Agrobacterium tumefaciens. Molecular Plant Pathology (13) 123-134.
- Zhang, X., Zou Z., Gong P., Zhang J., Ziaf K., Li H., Xiao F. and Ye Z. (2011). Over-expression of microRNA169 confers enhanced drought tolerance to tomato. Biotechnology Letters, (33) 4-3-409.
- Zhang, X., Li, H., Zhang, J., Zhang, C., Gong, P., Ziaf, K., Xiao F. and Ye Z. (2010). Expression of artificial microRNAs in tomato confers efficient and stable virus resistance in a cell-autonomous manner. Transgenic Research. 10.1007/s11248-010-9440-3
- Dong, J.*, Xiao, F.*, Fan, F.* (co-first author), Gu, L., Cang, H., Martin, G. B. and Chai J. (2009). Crystal structure of the complex between Pseudomonas AvrPtoB and the Pto tomato kinase reveals it has both a shared and a unique interface compared with AvrPto-Pto. The Plant Cell. (21) 1846-1859.
- Xiao, F., Giavalisco, P. and Martin G. B. (2007) Pseudomonas syringae type III effector AvrPtoB is phosphorylated in plant cells on serine 258 promoting its virulence activity. J Biol Chem (282) 30737-30744.
- Curriculum vitae pdf