Associate Professor & Director, Agricultural Commodity Risk Management Program
Ag Science, Room 37
Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2334
Moscow, ID 83844-2334
Andres' research deals with understanding the role of risk on marketing and finance strategies in the food and agricultural industry.
Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013
M.S., Illinois State University, 2006
B.S., Universidad de la Sabana, 2001
- A better understanding of volatility and its effect on agribusiness supply chains (marketing strategies, performance, industrial organization)
- Evaluation of risk management instruments (futures, options, insurance, market microstructure)
- Application of new tools to measure and evaluate increased uncertainty by using a combination of marketing, economics and finance theory with quantitative research methods
- Costa, G., A. Trujillo-Barrera, and J.M.E. Pennings. 2018. “Concentration and Liquidity Costs in Emerging Commodity Exchanges.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics.(Forthcoming)
- Tamirat, A., A. Trujillo-Barrera, and J.M.E. Pennings. 2018. “Dynamic target capital structure and speed of adjustment in farm business.” European Review of Agricultural Economics. (Forthcoming)
- Trujillo-Barrera, A., P. Garcia, and M.L. Mallory. 2018. “Short-Term Price Density Forecasts in the Lean Hog Futures Market.” European Review of Agricultural Economics 45 (1): 121–42.
- Etienne, X.L., A. Trujillo-Barrera, and L.A.L.A. Hoffman. 2017. “Volatility Spillover and Time-Varying Conditional Correlation Between DDGS, Corn, and Soybean Meal Markets.” Agricultural and Resource Economics Review 46 (3): 1–26.
- Trujillo-Barrera, A., P. Garcia, and M.L.M.L. Mallory. 2016. “Price Density Forecasts in the U.S. Hog Markets: Composite Procedures.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 98 (5): 1529–44.
- Trujillo-Barrera, A., J.M.E. Pennings, and D. Hofenk. 2016. “Understanding Producers’ Motives for Adopting Sustainable Practices: The Role of Expected Rewards, Risk Perception and Risk Tolerance.” European Review of Agricultural Economics 43 (3): 359–82.
- Etienne, X.L., A. Trujillo-Barrera, and S. Wiggins. 2016. “Price and Volatility Transmissions between Natural Gas, Fertilizer, and Corn Markets.” Agricultural Finance Review 76 (1): 151–71.
- Trujillo-Barrera, A., M.L. Mallory, and P. Garcia. 2012. “Volatility Spillovers in US Crude Oil, Ethanol, and Corn Futures Markets.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 37 (2): 1–16.