In order to assist in your travel preparations, please use the schedule overview below. Some aspects of the schedule may need to be altered more as we adjust to the number of campers, but this will not affect travel plans. Parents/guardians will need to stay with their students through the noted times, and the arrival schedule on Sunday and departure schedule on Saturday will not be altered by more than an hour in either direction. All students who register for the camp will receive a finalized schedule in an email after registration closes on June 10.
- 10:30 a.m.: Residence hall check-in (Living and Learning Communities (LLC) until noon)
- 10:30 a.m.: Camp registration - (Lionel Hampton School of Music until noon)
- LUNCH with parents/guardians on your own before attending the 12:30 session
- 12:30 p.m.: Camp orientation meeting for all students (parents/guardians may leave at this time)
- 1:00 p.m.: Ensemble placement auditions (LHSOM)
- Auditions consist of a few scales of your choice as well as a small amount of sight-reading. You may bring a prepared piece if you would like.
- 2:30 p.m.: BREAK
- 3:00 p.m.: Large Ensemble 1 introduction and rehearsal*
- 4:00 p.m.: Large Ensemble 2 introduction and rehearsal**
- 5:00 p.m.: DINNER (LLC - all campers )
- 7:00 p.m.: Opening Faculty Concert (Haddock Hall in LHSOM)
Monday 6/19 - Friday 6/23
- 7:00 a.m.: BREAKFAST (LLC - overnight campers only)
- 8:00 a.m.: Roll call for all campers (Haddock Hall in the LHSOM)
- 8:05 a.m.: Warm-ups/master class with instrumental and vocal faculty (LHSOM and Admin)
- 9:00 a.m.: Large Ensemble 1 rehearsal* (LHSOM and Admin)
- 10:15 a.m.: Snacks, individual practice, private lessons for non-pianists (optional)
- 10:30 a.m.: Hamp’s Camp Combined Ensemble rehearsal (Admin Aud)
- 11:45 a.m.: Regroup and walk to dining hall (Admin Aud)
- 12:00 p.m.: LUNCH (LLC - all campers)
- 1:00 p.m.: Large Ensemble 2 rehearsal**
- 2:15 p.m.: Snacks, individual practice, private lessons for non-pianists (optional)
- 3:00 p.m.: Elective course (LHSOM)
- 4:00 p.m.: Chamber Ensemble rehearsal (LHSOM and Admin)
- 5:00 p.m.: DINNER (LLC - all campers)
7:00 p.m.: Activity varies by day, but always begins at 7 p.m. See daily schedule below. All faculty recitals are open to the public.
- Monday - Faculty recital (Haddock Hall) until 8 p.m.; optional activities (e.g. relax and hang, jam session, etc.) until 9:00 p.m. (LHSOM 216)
- Tuesday - Faculty recital (Haddock Hall) until 8 p.m., optional activities in LHSOM until 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday - Faculty recital until 8:00 p.m. (Admin Auditorium), optional activities in LHSOM until 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday - Scavenger hunt until 9:00 p.m.
- Friday - Student Chamber Recital (Haddock Hall) until 8:30 p.m., Ice Cream Social (LHSOM Lawn - Parents welcome!) until 9:30 p.m.
(Day campers should plan on being at Administration Auditorium at no later than 8:50 a.m. and expect to be there until 2 p.m.)
- 7:00 a.m.: BREAKFAST
- 8:00 a.m.: Check out of dorms, move belongings to secured location for pick-up after concert
- 9:00 a.m.: Large Ensemble dress rehearsals (Admin Auditorium)
10:30 a.m.: Chamber Recital (Admin Auditorium - parents/family/friends encouraged to attend from this point onward)
- Featuring selected student ensembles
- 11:30 p.m.: LUNCH (Boxed lunch eaten on Admin lawn, family members welcome)
- 1:00 p.m.: Final concert - all Large Ensembles (Admin)
- Each ensemble will perform approximately 15-20 minutes of music
- Concert Order is:
- Jazz Ensemble(s)
- Mixed Choir
- Hamp's Camp Ensemble (all campers)
- Concert Order is:
- 2:30 - 3:00 p.m.: Final loading of overnight camper luggage will take place in Music Building Room 216, immediately following the concert.
All campers dismissed. Safe travels!
*Large Ensemble 1 slot - Concert Band, Choir/Voice Solos, Piano Master Class, String Orchestra
**Large Ensemble 2 slot - Jazz Ensembles, Hamp's Camp Choir