Research and Extension
The Department of Plant Sciences is active in basic, applied and interdisciplinary research and delivers UI Extension programming.
- Learn about the research in developing genetically superior Brassica oilseed and condiment mustard cultivars suitable for a wide range of environments throughout Idaho, the Pacific Northwest and other regions in the United States.
- Learn more about a new decision and record keeping tool designed by weed science faculty and staff.
- Explore the compartments and growth chambers programmed with the fully automated Argus environmental control system, as well as its own weather station.
- Learn more about all aspects of potato research and extension activities conducted by U of I faculty and staff.
- Explore the UI Extension collection of bulletins, field guides and other publications.