Professor and Senior Associate Director of the U of I Rangeland Center
Ag Science, Room 317
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2333
Moscow, ID 83844-2333
Ph.D., University of Idaho
M.S., University of Idaho
B.S., University of Idaho
- Invasive plant ecology
- Invasive plant detection, with emphasis on remote sensing, identifying areas likely invaded for early detection and rapid response survey
- Integrated pest management of weeds in hay, pasture CRP and wildland areas
- Plant community rehabilitation, with special attention to both invasive plant interactions and soil interactions
- Modeling plant movement across landscapes
- Administer the Lambert Erickson Weed Diagnostic Laboratory that identifies, tracks and surveys for invasive plant species
- Provide technical and educational program support to Cooperative Weed Management Areas in Idaho
- Collaborate with county faculty on pasture and wildland projects
- Jones, L., N. Norton, T. S. Prather. 2018. Indicators of Ventenata (Ventenata dubia) Invasion in Sagebrush Steppe Rangelands. Invasive Plant Science and Management 11(1):1-9.
- Venn, T.J., M.J. Wibbenmeyer, C.A. Armatas and T.S. Prather. 2017. Social preferences for invasive plant management: A case Study from the interior Northwest of the United States. 15: (2) 43-72.
- Prather, T., S. Robins, D. Morishita. 2017. Idaho’s Noxious Weeds, 9th Edition. University of Idaho Extension Publication 816, 152 pages.
- Wallace, J. M. and T. S. Prather. 2016. Herbicide control strategies for Ventenata dubia in the Intermountain Pacific Northwest. Invasive Plant Science and Management 9:128-137.
- Wallace, J. M. and T. S. Prather. 2015. Invasive spread dynamics of Anthriscus caucalis at an ecosystem scale: propagule pressure, grazing disturbance and plant community susceptibility in canyon grasslands. Biological Invasions DOI 10.1007/s10530-015-0997-x
- Kesoju, S. R., B. Shafii, T. S. Prather, W. J. Price and L. W. Lass. 2015. Effect of infestation size on rush skeletonweed (Chondrilla juncea L.) dispersal distance. Int. J. Plant Biol. Res. 3(4):1048
- Kesoju, S. R., B. Shafii, L. W. Lass, W. J. Price and T. S. Prather. 2015. Predicting rush skeletonweed (Chondrilla juncea) dispersal by wind within the canyon grasslands of Central Idaho. Int. J. Plant Biol. Res 3(1):1026.
- Wallace, J. M., P. Pavek and T. S. Prather. 2015. Ecological characteristics of Ventenata dubia in the Intermountain Pacific Northwest. Invasive Plant Science and Management 8:57-71.
- Shafii, B., W. J. Price, T. S. Prather and L. W. Lass. 2014. Modeling dispersal of yellow starthistle in the canyon grasslands of Northern Idaho. Int. J. Plant Biol. Res. 2(2):1011.
- Lass, L.W., S. P. Cook, B. Shafii, and T.S. Prather. 2014. Development of a dispersal model for Balsam woolly adelgid, Adelges piceae Ratzeburge (Hemiptera:adelgidae), to facilitate landscape-level management planning. International Journal of Forestry 2014: 519010 DOI 10.1155/2014/519010
- Wallace, J.M. and T.S. Prather. 2013. Comparative demography of an exotic herbaceous annual among plant communities in invaded canyon grassland: inferences for habitat suitability and population spread. Biological Invasions 15:2783-2797.
- Xu, S., J.L. Johnson-Maynard, T.S. Prather. 2013. Earthworm density and biomass in relation to plant diversity and soil properties in a Palouse prairie remnant. Applied Soil Ecology 72:119-127.
- Wallace, J. M., T. S. Prather and V. Peterson. 2012. Effects of aminopyralid on ponderosa pine (Pinus ponderosa). 5:164-169.
- Laitala, K. L., T. S. Prather, D. C. Thill, B. Kennedy, and C. Caudill. 2012. Efficacy of benthic barriers as a control measure for Eurasian watermilfoil (Myriophyllum spicatum). Invasive Plant Science and Management 5:170-177.
- Bell, J. L., I. C. Burke, and T. S. Prather. 2011. Uptake, translocation and metabolism of aminocyclopyrachlor in prickly lettuce, rush skeletonweed and yellow starthistle. Pest Management Science 67:1338-1348.
- Nyamai, P. A., T. S. Prather and J. M. Wallace. 2011. Evaluating restoration methods across a range of plant communities dominated by invasive annual grasses to native perennial grasses. Invasive Plant Science and Management 4:306-316.
- Wallace, J., T. S. Prather and L. Wilson. 2010. Plant Community Response to Integrated Management of Meadow Hawkweed (Hieracium caespitosum) in the Pacific Northwest. Invasive Plant Science and Management 3:268-275.
- Stapleton, J.J., C. G. Summers, J.P. Mitchell and T. S. Prather. 2010. Deleterious activity of cultivated grasses (Poaceae) and residues on soilborne fungal, nematode and weed pests. Phytoparasitica 38:61-69.
- Summers, C. G., J. J. Stapleton, T. S. Prather, J. P Mitchell. 2009. Sudex cover crops can kill and stunt subsequent tomato, lettuce and broccoli transplants through allelopathy. California Agriculture 63:35-40.
- Idaho Weed Hall of Fame, 2011
- Bronze Award for Idaho Farm Bureau Private Forest Series, Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals, 2007
- Outstanding Paper, Weed Technology, 2003