Professor & Senior Associate Director of Rangeland Center
Ag Science, Room 317
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2333
Moscow, ID 83844-2333
Ph.D., University of Idaho
M.S., University of Idaho
B.S., University of Idaho
- Invasive plant ecology
- Invasive plant detection, with emphasis on remote sensing, identifying areas likely invaded for early detection and rapid response survey
- Integrated pest management of weeds in hay, pasture CRP and wildland areas
- Plant community rehabilitation, with special attention to both invasive plant interactions and soil interactions
- Modeling plant movement across landscapes
- Administer the Lambert Erickson Weed Diagnostic Laboratory that identifies, tracks and surveys for invasive plant species
- Provide technical and educational program support to Cooperative Weed Management Areas in Idaho
- Collaborate with county faculty on pasture and wildland projects
- Alomran, M., Newcombe, G., & Prather, T. (n.d.). Ventenata dubia’s Native Range and Consideration of Plant Pathogens for Biological Control. Invasive Plant Science and Management, 1-16. doi:10.1017/inp.2019.24
- Koby, L., Prather, T., Quicke, H., Beuschlein, J., & Burke, I. (n.d.). Management of Ventenata dubia in the Inland Pacific Northwest with Indaziflam. Invasive Plant Science and Management, 1-25. doi:10.1017/inp.2019.26
- Barroso, Judit, Drew J. Lyon and Timothy S. Prather. 2019. Russian Thistle: Management in a Wheat-Fallow Crop Rotation. PNW 492 (revised).
- Jones, L., N. Norton, T. S. Prather. 2018. Indicators of Ventenata (Ventenata dubia) Invasion in Sagebrush Steppe Rangelands. Invasive Plant Science and Management 11(1):1-9.
- Venn, T.J., M.J. Wibbenmeyer, C.A. Armatas and T.S. Prather. 2017. Social preferences for invasive plant management: A case Study from the interior Northwest of the United States. 15: (2) 43-72.
- Prather, T., S. Robins, D. Morishita. 2017. Idaho’s Noxious Weeds, 9th Edition. University of Idaho Extension Publication 816, 152 pages.
- Wallace, J. M. and T. S. Prather. 2016. Herbicide control strategies for Ventenata dubia in the Intermountain Pacific Northwest. Invasive Plant Science and Management 9:128-137.
- Kesoju, S. R., B. Shafii, L. W. Lass, W. J. Price and T. S. Prather. 2015. Predicting rush skeletonweed (Chondrilla juncea) dispersal by wind within the canyon grasslands of Central Idaho. Int. J. Plant Biol. Res 3(1):1026.
- Wallace, J. M., P. Pavek and T. S. Prather. 2015. Ecological characteristics of Ventenata dubia in the Intermountain Pacific Northwest. Invasive Plant Science and Management 8:57-71.
- Idaho Weed Hall of Fame, 2011
- Bronze Award for Idaho Farm Bureau Private Forest Series, Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals, 2007
- Outstanding Paper, Weed Technology, 2003