Ag Biotech, Room 103
Department of Plant Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2333
Moscow, ID 83844-2333
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison
M.S., University of Wisconsin, Madison
B.S., Iowa State University
- PLSC 401: Plant Physiology
- GENE 314: General Genetics
- Develop and conduct research in plant molecular genetics, including genetic characterization, gene identification, elucidation of molecular mechanism, biochemical function and genomic evaluation, directed at traits of importance to Idaho crops
- Emphasis of research is on host-pathogen interactions and production of value-added products in plants
- Haung, W., M. Miao, J. Kud, X. Niu, B. Ouyang, J. Zhang, Z. Ye, J.C. Kuhl, Y. Liu, and F. Xiao. SlNAC1, a stress-related transcription factor, is fine-tuned on both transcriptional and post-translational levels. New Phytologist. Accepted.
- Takeoka, G.R., L. Dao, L. Harden, A. Pantoja, and J.C. Kuhl. 2012. Antioxidant activity, phenolic and anthocyanin contents of various rhubarb (Rheum spp.) varieties. International Journal of Food Science and Technology. Published online.
- Payyavula, R.S., D.A. Navarre, J.C. Kuhl, A. Pantoja, and S.S. Pillai. 2012. Differential effects of environment on potato phenylpropanoid and carotenoid expression. BMC Plant Biology. 12:1-17
- Du, X.,M. Miao, X. Ma, Y. Liu, J.C. Kuhl, G.B. Martin, and F. Xiao. 2012. Plant programmed cell death caused by an autoactive form of Prf is suppressed by co-expression of the Prf LRR domain. Molecular Plant. Accepted.
- Chiapella, J.O., V.L. DeBoer, G. Amico and J.C. Kuhl. 2011. A morphological and molecular study in the Deschampsia cespitosa (Poaceae: Poeae: Airinae) complex in Arctic North America. American Journal of Botany 98:1366-1380.
- Kuhl, J.C. 2011. Mapping and Tagging of Simply Inherited Traits. In: Bradeen J.M. and K. Chittaranjan (eds) Genetics, Genomics, and Breeding of Potato. CRC Press. pp 90-112.
- Pantoja, A., A.M. Hagerty, S.Y. Emmert, J.C. Kuhl, K. Pike, J.M. Alvarez, and A. Jensen. 2010. Aphids (Hemiptera: Aphididae) associated with rhubarb in the Matanuska Valley, Alaska: Species composition, seasonal abundance, and potential virus vectors. Journal of the Entomological Society of British Columbia. 107:75-81.
- Seefeldt, S.S., W.B. Collins, J.C. Kuhl and M. Clauss. 2010. White sweetclover and narrowleaf hawksbeard seed viability after passing through moose. Invasive Plant Science Management. 3:26-31.
- Kuhl, J.C. and V.L. DeBoer. 2008. Genetic diversity of rhubarb cultivars. Journal of the American Society of Horticultural Sciences. 133:587-592.
- Kang, H.G., J.C. Kuhl, P. Kachroo, and D.F. Klessig. 2008. CRT1, an Arabidopsis ATPase that interacts with diverse resistance proteins and modulates disease resistance to turnip crinkle virus. Cell Host & Microbe. 3:48-57.
- Curriculum vitae pdf