B.S. Horticulture and Urban Agriculture
Sustainable Practices, Green Thumbs
Horticulture professionals make careers out of growing and caring for plants, but you need more than a green thumb. Study topics like plant tissue culture and grafting; soil science; production of flowers, fruits, shrubs trees and vegetables; pollination and much more while gaining practical experiences at on-campus plant science farms and computer-controlled greenhouses in this program.
- Complete your own independent study
- Grow flowering crops and tropical plants to gain crop production and management experience
- Use specialized cloning techniques to produce flowering, fruiting and vegetable plants
- Visit nurseries, golf courses and top-of-the-line landscape installations
- Grow and donate produce from the U of I organic farm to a local food bank
Plant sciences student gains international experience in Uruguay.