B.S. Crop Science and Management
Produce and Manage Healthy Crops
Study the science behind healthy farming in a program that provides the broad-based knowledge to grow and manage successful crops. Explore soils, weeds, plant breeding and insects in addition to advanced growing techniques like biotechnology and global positioning systems (GPS). Learn in on-campus greenhouses and in the lab while studying microbiology, entomology, engineering and business.
Prepare to work in applied field agronomy, production agriculture, production management, plant science and pest management.
- Access computer-controlled greenhouses
- Grow organic produce at the plant science farm
- Do your own independent study
- Learn to manage crops using advanced GPS techniques
- Work for farms and other agriculture-related businesses
- Conduct an undergraduate research project
Adept at Adapting
Crop science student ready for career with John Deere