French anyone? Oui, oui!
In today’s increasingly interdependent world, the ability to speak a second language is an extremely valuable skill, whether you want a career in government, business, education, health care, journalism, or another field.
In this program, you will learn to speak, read, and write in French, with courses in conversation, grammar, composition, culture, literature, and cinema. You also have study abroad opportunities to spend a semester or longer immersed in the culture and language of France or another Francophone country.
Most students in this program are double majors, combining a French degree with another interest, such as international studies or history.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Like to learn about French and Francophone cultures
- Are interested in international travel
- Want to work internationally
- Are a good listener and communicator
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Bilingual educator
- Customs/immigration officer
- Foreign service officer
- International trade specialist
- International sales manager
- Travel writer
- Tourism director
- Intelligence officer
- Museum coordinator