Request More Information
Power. Policy. People.
Society is driven by complex political relationships related to power, conflict, peace and justice. In this program, you will examine these relationships and learn to apply advanced political-science concepts to real-world governmental and social issues.
The program focuses on the study of political structures, processes, controversies, public administration and policies. As a student in this program, you will develop strong research and analytical skills and form an understanding of how individual and group behaviors affect political outcomes.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Have a deep interest in politics
- Are drawn to the research and analytical side of politics
- Want a career in politics or government administration
- Are interested in international affairs
- Have strong analytical thinking skills
With this degree, you may become a/an:
- Community organizer
- Government administrator
- Political campaign manager
- Elected official
- City planner, city housing administrator
- Housing administrator
- Communications coordinator
- Public affairs advisor
- Coordinator of federal- or state-funded aid
- Immigration officer
- Labor relations specialist
- Human resources manager
- Policy analyst
- Lawyer (with additional education)
Interdisciplinary Studies, M.A./M.S.