Power. Policy. People.
Society is driven by complex political relationships related to power, conflict, peace and justice. In this program, you will examine these relationships and learn to apply advanced political-science concepts to real-world governmental and social issues.
The program focuses on the study of political structures, processes, controversies, public administration and policies. As a student in this program, you will develop strong research and analytical skills and form an understanding of how individual and group behaviors affect political outcomes.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Have a deep interest in politics
- Are drawn to the research and analytical side of politics
- Want a career in politics or government administration
- Are interested in international affairs
- Have strong analytical thinking skills
With this degree, you may become a/an:
- Community organizer
- Government administrator
- Political campaign manager
- Elected official
- City planner, city housing administrator
- Housing administrator
- Communications coordinator
- Public affairs advisor
- Coordinator of federal- or state-funded aid
- Immigration officer
- Labor relations specialist
- Human resources manager
- Policy analyst
- Lawyer (with additional education)