Theater: A window into the human experience.
Whether you aspire for a career on the stage or behind the curtain, this program will help you develop the creative talent, technical skills and performance experiences for a future in professional theater.
As a theater arts major, you will learn about scene painting; advanced costume technology; theatre (stage) management; and theatrical makeup. You will learn to create and produce living theater, both as an individual artist and as a member of a production team. Students are involved in all aspects of theatrical works, including performance, design, management and production.
Students in this program gain valuable on-stage experience with opportunities to perform and produce in both student and community productions.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Have previous drama experience
- Enjoy live theater, television, film
- Have an artistic personality
- Are self-disciplined
- Are committed to developing your talent
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Scenic lighting and costume designer
- Stage manager
- Public relations and marketing officer
- Technical director
- Costume shop manager
- Electrician or master electrician
- Props manager
- Makeup designer
- Sound designer
- Sound engineer