Image is everything.
Oftentimes, an organization’s image is just as important as its product. Public relations professionals work to protect, manage and build this image through the news media and other communication channels.
In this program, you will learn how to develop and execute strategic public relations campaigns. You will explore topics related to crisis management, branding, internal communications, event management, media relations, social media and more.
You will also build your research skills and learn how to write effectively for press releases, the web and other communication tools.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working with people
- Are a strong writer
- Are a creative thinker
- Have solid verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Have an interest in the media
With this degree, you may become a/an:
- Public relations specialist
- Public information officer
- Media relations manager
- Corporate communications manager
- Public affairs manager
- Marketing and communication specialist
- Social media manager
- Special events planner
- Promotions manager
- Political consultant
- Newsletter editor
- Branding manager
- Sales representative
- Nonprofit organization executive
- Creative director
- Political campaign manager
Film and Television Studies, B.A./B.S.
Modern Language Business, B.A.