French Major (B.A.)
Read, Write, and Converse … in French!
Whether you want to be in government, business, education, health care or journalism, a second language is a valuable skill. In this program you will learn to speak, read and write in French, with courses in conversation, grammar, composition, culture, literature and cinema. Most students combine a French degree with another interest such as international studies or history.
French majors are required to take STAMP (STAndards-based Measurement of Proficiency) 4S to complete their degree.
- Live and study for a semester or a year in France or a French-speaking part of Europe, Africa or Canada.
- Internship opportunities at many study abroad sites.
- Personal mentorship in small classroom settings.
- Opportunity to gain teaching and mentoring experience as departmental tutor.
- International, intercultural competency to enhance employability.