Request More Information
The past shapes the present.
Everything we are now is a result of who we have been in the past. When you study history, you gain a deep understanding of the people, places and events that have helped shape the world we know today.
As a history major, you will explore the entire sweep of the human experience — spanning centuries, continents and cultures. You will develop a rich historical perspective and a strong set of skills in research, writing, problem solving, and critical thinking. The program equips you for a variety of careers in business, education, law, communications and many other fields.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Are fascinated by history
- Like museums, travel and learning about other cultures
- Enjoy reading or watching biographies
- Are a strong writer and analytical thinker
- Are interested in national and global events
With a degree in history, you may become a/an:
- Museum director
- International business consultant
- Public relations consultant
- Tourism and recreation director
- Intelligence analyst
- Political analyst
- Lawyer (with additional education)
- Freelance researcher
- Employee for a nongovernmental organization (NGO)
- Officer in the U.S. military
Film and Television Studies, B.A./B.S.