Lionel Hampton Music Camp, June 21-24, 2021
The faculty members of the Lionel Hampton School of Music are excited to offer a new live-streaming experience that will get you playing alongside the faculty and counselors! We will return to our normal camp format in 2022, but we think that you'll enjoy what we have planned.
- Our digital camp is built around a new playalong concept—the Piece of the Day—which features recitals, masterclasses, and a playalong experience allowing you to perform digitally with the faculty and counselors.
- Every camper will receive parts for the four Pieces of the Day before camp.
- Each day will open with a performance of LHMC faculty members that includes a performance of the Piece of the Day.
- After a brief introduction to the piece from the arranger/composer, you will then meet in a small group with your faculty member to learn the new music and work on your technique and musicality.
- Once you have learned the piece, all campers will gather on the main livestream to rehearse the piece together, create a final performance, and submit your recordings for the final video collage of the piece.
- All events will be broadcast on a YouTube Live private livestream.
- At the end of camp, you will leave with each piece of music—including all of the parts so that you can play with your friends—as well as the Aebersold-style recordings of the faculty with which you can continue to practice.
- You will receive links to the final performance collages the following week that you can share with your family and friends!