Band Camp Info
- Dates (new members): Tuesday-Sunday, Aug. 15-20, 2023
- Dates (returning members): Wednesday-Sunday, Aug.16-20, 2023
- Times: Plan to participate all day. Our schedule will not conflict with new student orientation activities. A detailed schedule will be available in July.
- Location: U of I Campus, Moscow, Idaho
- Who: All Band Camp activities are required for members.
- Why: Learn our marching style, rehearse music and begin learning pregame and halftime shows.
- We will listen to everyone play the Snare Drum part to Go Vandals. Play at the tempo where you are most comfortable!
- Please also prepare the "Marching Band Percussion Audition Piece."
- Download – Snare Drum part to Go Vandals. Video Reference
- Download – Marching Band Percussion Audition Piece
- If you are interested in auditioning solely for Bass Drum or Cymbals, please prepare the first 12 measures of the "Marching Band Percussion Audition Piece."
- Online Audition: Please submit a YouTube video and email link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit Date:Please email your video no later than Friday, August 11 so we can be set for camp.
- Meeting Date: Wednesday, August 16
- Location: Administration Auditorium
- Time: 9 a.m. (plan to attend 9 a.m. to noon and 2 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday)
- Do we "cut" students? Rarely. Auditions determine placement in the drumline. Students who display a strong work ethic and a positive attitude will not be cut from the band. We will find a place for everyone who earns the right to participate.
- Problems or questions? Contact Spencer Martin with any questions, or if you are unable to attend.
- All new members and their parents should plan to attend an introductory meeting and dinner at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2023. This follows dorm check-in.
- Parents will meet with band staff and U of I's Dean of Students.
- Students will meet their section leaders and begin preparation for the season.
- Early Dorm Move-in will be arranged for registered band members who have applied for housing and have paid their Application Fee prior to July 7. Apply for housing.
- A list of students who have reserved rooms will be coming soon! Please check back to see if your name is on the list if you plan to move in early!
- Check-in will be 3-5 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 15, location:
LLC (Living Learning Center) Information Desk.
901 Paradise Creek Building #2.
If you have questions about dorms, please call Housing and Residence Life at 208-885-6571 or send them an email.
- Need to borrow an instrument? – There is no fee to borrow instruments used in marching band. We provide all instruments in the following sections: Mellophone, Euphonium, Sousaphone and Percussion. In addition, we provide instruments to others based on availability. Contact us to borrow an instrument.
- Band Camp Meals – The Marching Band provide dinners (Wednesday to Sunday) and lunch (Thursday to Sunday) for all band members.
- Greek Rush – We plan the band camp schedule to avoid rush events as much as possible. If there is a conflict, we will find a solution. Please contact us with questions and conflicts.