Band Camp 2020
- Dates (new members): Tuesday-Sunday, Aug. 18-23, 2020
- Dates (returning members): Wednesday-Sunday, Aug. 19-23, 2020
- Times: Plan to participate all day. Our schedule will not conflict with new student orientation activities. A detailed schedule will be available in July.
- Location: U of I Campus, Moscow, Idaho
- Who: All Band Camp activities are required for members.
- Why: Learn our marching style, rehearse music and begin learning pregame and halftime shows.
- We will listen to everyone play the Snare Drum part to Go Vandals. Play at the tempo where you are most comfortable!
- Please also prepare both the "Marching Band Percussion Audition Piece."
- Download – Snare Drum part to Go Vandals. Video Reference
- Download – Marching Band Percussion Audition Piece
- If you are interested in auditioning solely for Bass Drum or Cymbals, please prepare the first 12 measures of the "Marching Band Percussion Audition Piece."
- Online Audition: Please submit a YouTube video and email link to email@example.com.
- Submit Date: Please email your video no later than Friday, August 14, 2020, so we can be set for camp.
- Do we "cut" students? Rarely. Auditions determine placement in the drumline. Students who posses a strong work ethic and a positive attitude will not be cut from the band. We will find a place for everyone who earns the right to participate.
- Problems or questions? Contact Spencer Martin with any questions.
- New Member Orientation begins Tuesday, August 18 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Haddock Performance Hall in the Lionel Hampton School of Music. This follows dorm check-in.
- Students will meet their section leaders and begin preparation for the season.
- For 2020, this orientation will be for new students only. Parent orientation and welcome is scheduled for August 12 online.
- Early Dorm Move-in will be arranged for registered band members who have applied for housing and have paid their deposit prior to July 3. Apply for housing.
- See this list of students who have reserved rooms. If your name is not on the list, you cannot move in early.
- Check-in is Tuesday, August 18. Because of distancing protocols, early move in must happen in two shifts.
- First year members - Shift 1: 3-4 p.m.
- Returning members - Shift 2: 4-5 p.m.
- Need to borrow an instrument? – There is no fee to borrow instruments used in marching band. We provide all instruments in the following sections: Mellophone, Euphonium, Sousaphone and Percussion. In addition, we provide instruments to others based on availability. Contact us to borrow an instrument.
- Band Camp Meals – The Marching Band provide dinners (Wednesday to Sunday) and lunch (Thursday to Sunday) for all band members.
- Greek Rush – We plan the band camp schedule to avoid rush events as much as possible. If there is a conflict, we will find a solution. Please contact us with questions and conflicts.