Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist
Evergreen Building, Room 63
Twin Falls Research and Extension Center
315 Falls Avenue East
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Patrick performs evidence-based research and extension work on agricultural commodity markets with a focus on market structure and conditions for crops grown in Idaho.
Ph.D., Purdue University, 2016
M.S., Louisiana State University, 2010
A.B., Georgetown University, 2006
- Agricultural commodity market supply and demand fundamentals
- Agricultural commodity price analysis
- Agricultural development
- Agricultural policy
- Hatzenbuehler, P., M. Chahine, X. Du, and G. Tian. 2023. Quantification of feed crop supply and demand in Idaho, 2003 – 2021. Western Economics Forum, 21(1): 30-42.
- Hatzenbuehler, P.L., X. Du, and K. Painter. 2021. Price transmission with sparse market Information: The case of United States chickpeas. Agribusiness: An International Journal, 37(3): 665-682.
- Hatzenbuehler, P.L., H. Tejeda, S. Hines, J. Packham. 2021. Change in hay-to-milk price responsiveness with dairy industry expansion. Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 53(2): 246-258.
- U.S. Borlaug Fellowship in Global Food Security, Center for Global Food Security at Purdue University, awarded fall 2013 and summer 2015
- Co-author, Article of the Year for 2012, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association