Ag Science, Room 31
Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 2334
Moscow, ID 83844-2334
Ph.D., Washington State University, 2003
M.S., Washington State University, 2003
B.S., Washington State University, 1999
- AgEc 302: Managerial Economics: Consumption and Markets
- AgEc 303: Principles of Agricultural Economics
- AgEc 535: Applied Industrial Organization
- Economics of market structures
- Industrial organization
- Collective reputation
- Food quality standards
- Sports economics
- McQuade, Timothy, Stephen Salant and Jason A. Winfree (forthcoming) “Markets with Untraceable Goods of Unknown Quality: Beyond the Small-Country Case” Journal of International Economics.
- Winfree, Jason A. (forthcoming) "Partial adherence to voluntary quality standards for experience goods" Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization.
- McQuade, Timothy, Stephen Salant and Jason A. Winfree 2012. “Regulating An Experience Good Produced in the Formal Sector of a Developing Country When Consumers Cannot Identify Producers” Review of Development Economics 16(4):512-526.
- Dinardo, John E. and Jason A. Winfree 2010. “The Law of Genius and Home Runs Refuted” Economic Inquiry 48(1):51-64.
- McCluskey, Jill J. and Jason A. Winfree 2009. “Pre-Empting Public Regulation with Private Food Quality Standards” European Review of Agricultural Economics 36(4):535-539.
- Winfree, Jason A. and Jill J. McCluskey 2005. “Collective Reputation and Quality” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 87(1): 206-213.