B.S. Agricultural Economics: Applied Economics
Applying Economics in Agriculture
Professionals in this field apply their knowledge of economics, agriculture and business to help industry leaders and government make important decisions about food production, rural development and more. You will explore production, distribution and consumption while developing problem-solving and analysis skills. Learn to address agriculture policy, international trade and other issues facing the industry.
- Participate in the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association national competition.
- Visit the state capital and learn about policies and policy-making.
- Participate in a team food marketing challenge at the Food Distribution Research Society.
- Multiple internship opportunities with policy makers and businesses available.
- Graduates go on to exciting careers as well as graduate school or law school.