U of I/WSU Reciprocal Parking Agreement
Reciprocal Parking Agreement with WSU
The University of Idaho and Washington State University (Pullman) have developed a cooperative parking arrangement for the purpose of enhancing the accessibility to either campus for students, faculty and staff participating in cooperative programs and cross listed courses. Selected parking permits from each university have been deemed valid in specific parking areas. Washington State University satellite campus parking permits are NOT valid on U of I campus.
Washington State University Parking Services uses "virtual permits" and license plate recognition (LPR) for enforcement on the Pullman campus, while U of I requires the use of physical parking permits, which are displayed in the lower corner of the driver's-side front windshield.
Important information for WSU students, staff and faculty who require parking at U of I to participate in cooperative programs or cross-listed courses:
- WSU students, faculty and staff are required to apply for a reciprocal parking permit to park on the U of I campus.
- Each application will be verified with WSU Transportation Services for accuracy.
- WSU annual permit holders who are deemed eligible to park at U of I will receive a U of I reciprocal parking permit.
- The permit must be displayed in the lower corner of the driver’s side front windshield when parking on the U of I campus.
- Each reciprocal parking permit issued by U of I will be valid for the duration of the WSU permit (typically through July 31 each year). Reciprocal parking permit holders are required to re-apply each year they would like to park on the U of I campus.
- Both U of I and WSU parking and transportation personnel will closely monitor this process and would like to hear your feedback.
University of Idaho permit holders at Washington State University
- WSU will honor U of I permits as described below.
- No additional registration is required with WSU.
- If a license plate isn’t recognized, enforcement personnel will check for an appropriate U of I parking permit in the lower driver's-side windshield.
- U of I Gold, Lot Specific Gold, and Reserved annual permits are valid in WSU Yellow, Red, and Blue zones.
- U of I Orange annual permit is valid in WSU Red and Blue zones.
- U of I Red, Green, Silver, Purple, and Blue annual permits are valid in WSU Blue zones.
- U of I-issued annual or temporary Disability parking permits with a valid state-issued disability placard or disability license plate are valid in WSU Disability spaces and parking permit zones.
- There is no reciprocity at WSU for U of I parking permits in WSU parking permit zones which are not specifically listed above in items 1-4, this includes the WSU Student Recreation Center and Tennis Courts parking lots.
- U of I parking permits are not valid in lieu of payment in WSU pay lots including the WSU Student Recreation Center parking lot or the Tennis Courts parking lot.
- WSU faculty, staff, and students assigned to, enrolled at, or who pay fees to Washington State University or employees of other activities or agencies located on the Pullman campus must display a WSU parking permit when parking at WSU. Any attempt by the above personnel to use a U of I parking permit in lieu of a WSU permit may result in a fine for illegal use of a parking permit.
Washington State University permit holders at University of Idaho
- WSU virtual permit holders must apply for a reciprocal parking permit to park on the U of I campus.
- WSU Orange and Green annual permits are valid in U of I Gold, Orange, Red, and Blue permit areas.
- WSU Yellow, Red, Crimson, and Gray annual permits are valid in U of I Red and Blue permit areas. WSU Crimson and Gray permits are residential priority permits.
- WSU Blue annual permits are valid only in U of I Blue permit areas.
- WSU-issued zone permit displayed with a valid state-issued disability placard or disability license plate are valid in U of I Disability parking spaces and parking permit areas.
- There is no reciprocity at U of I for WSU parking permits in U of I parking permit areas which are not specifically listed above in items 1-4, this includes the U of I Student Recreation Center parking lot.
- U of I faculty, staff, and students assigned to, enrolled at, or who pay fees to the University of Idaho or employees of other activities or agencies located on the Moscow campus must display a U of I parking permit when parking at U of I. Any attempt by the above personnel to use a WSU parking permit in lieu of a U of I permit may result in a fine for illegal use of a parking permit.