Jazz Festival Parking
The University of Idaho will host thousands of visitors for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival Feb. 23-25, and many will be transported via bus or van. Due to the high amount of vehicular traffic and pedestrians on campus, some streets and parking lots will have restrictions during the festival.
For a high level summary, read below. For all the details, including the Jazz Festival Shuttle (Vandal Trolley) Route and Stops, check out the 2017 Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival Campus Parking Map.
ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center Parking
- Blue gravel lots 57 and 110, west of the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center, will be reserved for Festival bus parking only Thursday, Feb. 23 – Saturday, Feb. 25, and closed to all regular vehicles
- Red paved lot 34, west of the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center, will be available for general parking and no permit will be required Thursday, Feb. 23 – Saturday, Feb. 25
- Areas of Red paved lot 34 will be posted “Reserved” for Festival VIPs
Bus Loading Zones
- South perimeter of gravel Blue Lot 57 west of Kibbie
- Deakin Avenue at the Student Union Building and Saint Augustine’s Catholic Center
- Railroad Street behind the LDS Center
- Blake Avenue at the Lionel Hampton School of Music / Haddock Hall
- Rayburn Street at Physical Education Building, Memorial Gym, Menard Law Building and Agricultural Science Building
- 6th Street between Living Learning Community (LLC) and Natural Resources Building
- The UI Vandal Trolley will be providing attendees free transportation to Festival Event sites throughout campus from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
For questions regarding parking lot or street closures on campus, call University of Idaho Parking and Transportation Services at 208-885-6424.