Free and inexpensive local transit options
If walking or biking aren't convenient, other local transit in Moscow is inexpensive and sometimes free!
Please note: Fixed route resumed June 1. For physical distancing, buses will have limited seating. Be prepared to wait for the next bus if it is full. Avoid riding the bus if feeling ill. Please wear a face mask & distance yourself. More info available on SMART Transit's webpage.
SMART Transit’s Moscow Fixed Route service consists of two loops, one on the east side and the other on the west side of town. The routes cover diverse locations including high density living, medical, educational and shopping areas.
The fixed routes are FARE FREE!
The West Route covers the west side of Moscow and the U of I campus including stops at Deakin and College, Ash Street, Idaho Student Union Building (ISUB), Ag. Sci., Walmart, Moscow Family Medicine Quickcare, Winco, Palouse Mall, A Street, Rosauers, downtown and Gritman Medical Center.
The East Route covers the east side of Moscow from U of I campus including the Bruce M. Pitman Center, downtown, Rosauers, Moscow High School, East City Park, Aquatic Center, Moscow Junior High School, Skateboard Park, Latah County Fairgrounds, Eastside Marketplace and Styner Avenue.
Both routes leave the Moscow Intermodal Transit Center at 10 and 40 minutes after each hour from 6:40 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 8:10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
Never ridden a public bus before? No problem! Watch the "magical" how-to video to get started.
The Lyft Pass program, launched on Sept. 23, 2022, changed to Lyft Credit on Feb. 1, 2023. Lyft Credit offers U of I students discounted rides during times when SMART Transit is unavailable.
- Students download the Lyft app and MUST use their Vandal email address to set up an account to access Lyft Credit.
- Service area: 10-mile radius around U of I's Moscow campus. This includes most of Pullman.
- When students open the Lyft app, the 10-mile radius will be visible on the map shown.
- Rides must start and end inside the coverage area and ARE NOT required to have a start or end point on campus.
- Each student receives $30 of Lyft Credit each month, paid by Parking and Transportation Services. This amount does not include a tip, which students are encouraged to pay out of pocket if their driver provides good service.
- Lyft Credit rides are available 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., Monday-Friday and 24 hours/day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Students can increase their number of free rides by riding together with friends and only using one student's Lyft Credit at a time.
- Each student will receive $30 in Lyft Credit on the first day of each month. Unused credit expires after the last day of the month.
Tips for riding smart with Lyft
- Verify rides by making sure the license plate number, driver information and car make and model match what is confirmed in the app.
- Riders are encouraged to share their location, route and destination with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow the ride in real time.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
- Ask the driver to state who they are picking up.
- Learn more about riding smart with Lyft.
Additional Lyft Credit information
- Rides requested that do not fall within the program's criteria will not show the discount on the app, and riders will be required to pay out of pocket.
- Prices for rides may be impacted by traffic, time of day, special events and prime time surcharges.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Moscow VanPool program offers a safe, reliable and comfortable option to your daily commute. Each van offers a different set of options for your daily commute, depending on the traveler's needs.
Service amenities include a guaranteed ride home in case of emergencies, rider and driver discounts and the peace of mind that you'll get to work safely and on time while reducing your personal carbon footprint.
Fares are customized to routes and riders and the VanPool is strictly a cost-based service. This service is provided by the City of Moscow and is made possible by grants from the Idaho Transportation Department.
Each route does have limited seating, so please contact us to reserve your seat soon. Financial assistance for low-to-moderate income individuals is available.
Vandal Access: on-campus ADA mobility assistance
Parking and Transportation Services’ Vandal Access service provides University of Idaho students and employees with mobility-limiting disabilities or conditions equal access to facilities, programs and services on campus.
The free ADA accessible Vandal Access service operates during fall and spring academic sessions only, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
There are two taxi companies that serve Moscow as of August 2022. Either is a good option for transportation to or from the Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport.
- College Cabs LLC: 855-829-4487 | College Cabs LLC on Facebook
- Moscow Taxi: 208-892-4544 | Moscow Taxi