Parking and Transportation Services
Welcome! Your University of Idaho Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) team is focused on keeping U of I moving. As we grow, it’s imperative that we become a campus where a personally owned vehicle is not required to meet commuter and campus resident mobility needs. Our beautiful Moscow community is easily traversed by most on foot or bicycle, and when you need to get around more quickly or go longer distances, alternative transportation options are available. Vandal Access Service provides Vandals with mobility-limiting disabilities access to facilities and programs on campus. If you need to bring a car to campus, please understand that parking on campus is limited and a permit will be required.
We are here to help! If you have questions, contact us at 208-885-6424, firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 1006 Railroad Street, at the corner of Railroad Street and W. Sweet Avenue. We're located inside the Intermodal Transit Center (map).
Parking Updates and Closures
Customer Service: While the Parking and Transportation Services office at 1006 Railroad Street in the Intermodal Transit Center is closed to the public, we're continuing to update this site, process requests, answer the phone and respond to emails. As always, PTS Online Services allow visitors and Vandals to purchase and print permits needed during academic break enforcement, as well as pay or appeal citations. PTS staff are available for all customer service inquiries via phone (208-885-6424) and email (email@example.com). All parking and transportation related news, updates, and detailed information is provided here on our website; as well as on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Parking: The University of Idaho Moscow campus will continue with academic break parking enforcement rules until the first day of fall semester, Monday, August 24, 2020:
- No overnight parking or vehicle storage is allowed on any campus streets. Vehicles in violation may be cited and/or towed
- Overnight parking is allowed in Purple or Silver parking lots (not streets), as well as the Economy Lot 57E (gravel, west of Kibbie adjacent to Perimeter)
- If you will not be returning to campus until fall semester, please take your vehicle home with you. If you need to leave it on campus, please park it in the gravel Economy Lot 57E, adjacent to Perimeter Drive west of the Kibbie Dome. If your vehicle is parked in one of the spring break storage lots and you will not be returning to campus until fall semester, please send your vehicle color, make, model and license plate information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No permit is required for daytime parking (6 a.m. – 2 a.m.) in Orange, Red, Blue, Purple and Silver lots
- Overnight enforcement of Gold, Orange, Red and Blue parking lots remains unchanged
- Gold and Green parking lots require permits year round
- Meter and pay station require payment year round EXCEPT for Student Recreation Center (SRC) Parking Lots 107 (east side) and 108 (west side) which do not require payment during summer and academic breaks.
For complete information on break parking, view the Parking Enforcement Schedule.
2019-2020 Annual Parking Permit Prorated Credits: Orange, Purple and Silver parking permit holders with direct deposit will receive prorated credits for their parking permits based on the prorated refund/purchase schedule for the week of March 22. If you have an Orange, Purple or Silver parking permit but do not have direct deposit, sign up for direct deposit before April 30 via VandalWeb. You do not need to return your permit or visit our office to receive your credit.
Since Gold and Green parking permits are required year-round, these will not be automatically refunded. However, if Gold and Green permit holders are sure they will no longer be parking in Gold or Green parking lots through August 15, 2020 (permit expiration date), these permits may be returned for a prorated refund based on the prorated refund/purchase schedule and the date we receive your permit. Mail your parking permit to: PTS, 875 Perimeter Drive, MS 4106, Moscow, ID, 83844-4106. Be sure you have set up direct deposit before April 30 to receive your credit.
Red, Blue and Economy permits do not have a refund value past the week of March 15.
Vandal Access Service: Vandal Access Service provides University of Idaho students and employees with mobility-limiting disabilities or conditions equal access to facilities, programs and services on campus. While regularly scheduled Vandal Access Service drives to and from class aren’t currently needed, if you are still on campus, please let us know if we can help you get to labs, meetings, the library, etc. by calling our regular Parking and Transportation Services phone number: 208-885-6424.
Purple Lot 36 (Deakin and University): Tree removal work will require closure of the 9 parking spaces running north-south along Deakin Avenue in Purple Lot 36 during Spring Break. If your vehicle is currently parked in one of these spaces (see map), please move as soon as possible. Thank you!
Gold Lot 18 and Bruce Pitman Center: Bruce Pitman Center's northern building entrance and Gold Lot 18 ADA and Meter parking spaces will be closed March 23 – April 10 due to construction. Both the east and west entrances to Bruce Pitman Center will be open. ADA parking and building access is on the west side of the building on 7th Street. Please reach out to us with any questions: 208-885-6424, email@example.com.