Parking and Transportation Services
Welcome! Your University of Idaho Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) team is focused on keeping U of I moving. As we grow, it’s imperative that we become a campus where a personally owned vehicle is not required to meet commuter and campus resident mobility needs. Our beautiful Moscow community is easily traversed by most on foot or bicycle, and when you need to get around more quickly or go longer distances, alternative transportation options are available. Vandal Access Service provides Vandals with mobility-limiting disabilities access to facilities and programs on campus. If you need to bring a car to campus, please understand that parking on campus is limited and a permit will be required.
We are here to help! If you have questions, contact us at 208-885-6424, email@example.com or in person at 1006 Railroad Street, at the corner of Railroad Street and W. Sweet Avenue. We're located inside the Intermodal Transit Center (map).
Parking Updates and Closures
Food for Fines BINGO runs through Dec. 14: Parking and Transportation Service's 2nd annual food drive runs Monday, November 12 through Friday, December 14. Bring in a BINGO of donated items to pay your $25 Meter Citation or $30 Permit Citation received November 12 - December 14 plus up to two unpaid $25 Meter Citations/$30 Permit Citations received in the previous year. Read the fine print and get your BINGO cards here.
Men's Basketball: Our Vandals host the Omaha Mavericks Saturday afternoon, Dec. 15 in Cowan Spectrum. Gold Lot 31 will be reserved and parking in the immediate vicinity will be busier than usual. Go Vandals!
Winter Break Parking: Winter break is almost here and parking regulations during academic breaks are different than when school is in session. Review the following enforcement regulations for winter break, Dec. 17, 2018 to Jan. 8, 2019:
- New: Vehicle storage/overnight parking during break is valid only in Lot 2, Lot 57E and Lot 64A. View the map.
- No overnight parking is allowed on any campus streets or in other parking lots during break. Vehicles in violation may be cited and/or towed.
- Gold and Vandal Gold parking permit holders working during break may continue to park overnight in Gold lots. In the event of snow, park only in highlighted portions of select Gold lots.
- Commuter Overnight/Early Morning parking permit holders working during break may continue to park overnight per their permit eligibility. In the event of snow, park only in highlighted portions of select lots.
- No permit is required for daytime parking in Orange, Red, Blue, Purple or Silver lots during winter break. Overnight parking enforcement is in effect.
- Gold and Green lots, meters and all specially marked spaces are enforced as usual.
- Regular enforcement resumes at 2 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019.