Parking and Transportation Services
Welcome! Your University of Idaho Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) team is focused on keeping U of I moving. As we grow, it’s imperative that we become a campus where a personally owned vehicle is not required to meet commuter and campus resident mobility needs. Our beautiful Moscow community is easily traversed by most on foot or bicycle, and when you need to get around more quickly or go longer distances, alternative transportation options are available. Vandal Access Service provides Vandals with mobility-limiting disabilities access to facilities and programs on campus. If you need to bring a car to campus, please understand that parking on campus is limited and a permit will be required.
We're here to help! If you have questions, contact us at 208-885-6424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking Updates and Closures:
Parking Options during closure of Gold Lot 39, next to the Swim Center and PEB. Gold Lot 39 is closed September 15 through 19. Consider these options for parking near the Swim Center, PEB or Mem Gym during the closure:
- From 3 p.m. each weekday during the closure, park for free in Gold Lot 19 or Gold Lot 56 (southwest corner of Rayburn and Sixth Streets)—no permit required.
- Use nearby Pay-to-Park lots, including Lot 69 (on Rayburn St. next to the library), Lot 68 (southeast corner of Rayburn and Sixth Streets, AMP mobile parking only), Lot 88 (on Sixth St. at Shoup Hall) or Lot 35 (between the Health Center and Idaho Ave.)
- For valid U of I Disability Parking Permit holders, access University Ave. on the campus walkway, then turn left (south) onto the emergency access lane just before you reach the Mem Gym. Follow the lane south, around the buildings, and enter Gold Lot 39, and park in the ADA-designated spaces at the north end of the lot, near the Swim Center.
Gold Lot 39 is scheduled to re-open on Monday, September 20, along with Rayburn St. between Gold Lot 39 and the roundabout at University Ave. Note that Rayburn St. south of the entrance to Gold Lot 39 to Nez Perce Dr. will remain closed until further notice.
Effective September 10, 2021, Parking Permits for Students Living on Campus are SOLD OUT. All Silver (students living in residence halls), Purple (fraternity and sorority residents), and Economy Lot 57E parking permits are SOLD OUT. Please email email@example.com to be placed on a waiting list or contact our office at 208-885-6424 for additional information.
Gold Lot 39, directly west of the Swim Center and Phys Ed Building: Restrictions and Short-Term Closure. Construction on Rayburn Street is having significant impacts on accessing the entrance to Gold Lot 39. Please note the following dates and restrictions.
- September 21 until further notice: Enter Gold Lot 39 from Rayburn Street north of the entrance to the lot.Rayburn Street will be open between Sixth Street and Gold Lot 39.
Changes to Color-Coded Parking Lot 1. Effective August 23, 2021, Lot 1, east of Line Street and north of Third Street, is designated as a Silver Parking Lot.
Parking Permits and Vandal Break Bus Reservations For Sale Online Now. Academic year 2021-22 parking permits and Vandal Break Bus reservations are available for purchase online anytime. Monday, August 2, will be the first day to purchase permits in-person at the PTS office. Permits purchased after August 2 will require pick-up from the PTS office at 1006 Railroad Street. This ensures Vandals returning to campus don't find themselves in Moscow while their permit is in the mail to their home address.
Sidewalk Closure: North side of 6th Street, adjacent to the energy plant at the northeast corner of Line Street and 6th, will be closed starting Tuesday, August 16, 2021. Temporary fencing around the sidewalk will prevent use of the sidewalk and the bike pump station throughout most of the fall. The closure accommodates installation of a turbine at the energy plant. The intersection at Line Street and 6th Street will not be affected by the closure.
Rayburn Street Parking Closure In Place Until Further Notice. Street repair requires the full closure of Rayburn Street, starting south of the entrance to Gold Lot 39 at the Swim Center and continuing to Nez Perce Drive. This closure includes Pay-to-Park lots 70 and 91 on the east side of the street.
Arena-Related Parking and Pathway Restrictions for Summer 2021. As the Idaho Central Credit Union Arena project hardscape is finished up and tied into existing campus infrastructure, all access to the west dome, including access for the Moscow Drive-In, is solely via Perimeter Drive, pending the end of construction. Additionally, Rayburn Street, between the Kibbie Dome and Memorial Gym/Swim Center/PEB is closed between Nez Perce Drive and the entrance to Gold Lot 39. Rayburn Street will likely remain closed in this location through the end of September.
Summer Break Parking Enforcement in Effect May 15 through August 22, 2021. Daytime parking enforcement is in effect from 2 a.m. each Monday through 5 p.m. each Friday. Overnight parking is not allowed during summer break on campus streets or in parking lots posted "No Parking 2-6 a.m." This includes all on-street Purple and Silver parking lots. Overnight parking during summer break is available in any regular off-street Purple or Silver lot. For questions about specific lots please refer to the Summer Break Parking Map.
Additional summer break parking reminders:
- Gold lots, Green lots, parking meters and pay-to-park areas, except at Student Rec Center pay areas, are enforced year-round.
- Permits are not required in regular spaces in all Orange, Red, Blue, Silver or Purple lots.
- All specially-marked spaces are enforced year-round. These include disability, reserved, service, delivery, timed and walkway spaces. No-parking areas and fire lanes are also enforced year-round.
- Long-term storage is not allowed during summer break. Parking lots and streets undergo maintenance and may be closed and cleared of all vehicles, potentially resulting in substantial fines for vehicle owners.
- Do not store bicycles on campus during summer break. Bicycles that appear to be abandoned or disabled on campus are impounded during summer break.
Questions? Please contact us at 208-885-6424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parking and Transportation Services Office is open to the public. All normal in-person services are available at our office, located at 1006 Railroad St. in the Intermodal Transit Center. Our office is open Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during summer break. Healthy Vandals practices are in effect and up to ten people are permitted in the lobby at any time. A hand sanitation station is available inside.