University of Idaho - I Banner
students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn about UIRA

Parking Spaces

Our central goal at PTS is to keep our campus moving. That means maintaining access for students, staff, faculty, vendors, visitors and the community. It's a balancing act requiring strategic permit pricing and sales, robust enforcement and proper parking lot configuration.

Every fall (and sometimes more frequently), our enforcement team counts the cars in each parking lot on campus three times a day for a week, covering the approximately 5,000 parking spaces we have on campus. Based on that data, we calculate utilization rates by lot, permit and space type. Ideally, on average, regular permit parking spaces are 85% utilized, leaving 15% of the spaces available. Average utilization includes data from very busy parking lots and parking lots that are used far less. Utilization also fluctuates based on time of day, day of week and time of year, but an average of 85% utilization is the goal.


Contact Us

Physical Address:

1006 Railroad Street
Rm 135
Moscow, ID

Office hours:
M-F, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Office hours during academic breaks:
M-F, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Phone: 208-885-6424
Fax: 208-885-4219

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Dr.
MS 4106
Moscow, ID