Convenient, affordable ways to get home without driving
Many students bring a vehicle to campus to travel home for academic breaks. While this is the only way to get home for some students, most Vandals have a number of other options that can save money and reduce stress.
Vandal Break Bus for Idaho-Bound students and options for the Pacific Northwest and beyond
Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) and the Office of the Dean of Students provide chartered buses to students for low-cost, safe and convenient transportation to the Boise and Idaho Falls areas for fall, winter and spring breaks. Visit the Vandal Break Bus page for details and reservation information.
For students traveling to the Tri-Cities, Portland or the Seattle area, regional carrier Wheatland Express offers its "Vacation Express" service that aligns with U of I's academic break schedule. Students traveling to the Spokane area can contact Northwestern Trailways for information on daily bus service between Moscow and Spokane.
Choosing which regional airport to travel through can be daunting. For most travelers, determining the preferred airline and destination is a good start.
Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport (PUW)
Alaska Airlines offers daily, nonstop flights between Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport and Boise. Alaska Airlines also offers daily nonstop flights to Seattle, as well as flights to other cities in the U.S. and some international destinations. Ground transportation options between Moscow and this airport are somewhat limited, and include Moscow's two local taxi companies:
- College Cabs LLC: 855-829-4487 | College Cabs LLC on Facebook
- Moscow Taxi: 208-892-4544 | Moscow Taxi
Lewiston Nez Perce County Regional Airport (LWS)
Daily nonstop jet service offered to Denver via United Airlines and Salt Lake City via Delta Airlines. Free daily shuttle service between campus and the Lewiston airport is available with 24-hour-advance booking.
Spokane International Airport (GEG)
Many major airlines, including Alaska, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, Sun Country and United, offer service via Spokane International Airport. For transportation between the Moscow campus (via the Intermodal Transit Center) and Spokane International Airport, choose from the following options:
- DAILY shuttle service, 365 days/year (except on 12/25) is offered by Northwestern Trailways.
- During academic breaks ONLY, Wheatland Express often schedules airport shuttles between Moscow and Spokane International Airport.
Regional Bus Service
- Northwestern Trailways offers daily bus service from Spokane to Boise, including scheduled stops at many cities on the route, including Moscow, at the Intermodal Transit Center on campus. They also offer daily bus service to Seattle, including cities along the I-90 corridor.
- Wheatland Express offers a "Weekend Express" to the Seattle area and typically offers "Vacation Express" during academic breaks.
- Greyhound offers bus service to many locations throughout the region and the country, including routes to the Tri-Cities and Portland.