Convenient, affordable ways to get home without driving
Many students and their families have told us the only reason they bring a vehicle to campus is to drive home on breaks. While this is the only way to get home for some, most Vandals have a number of other options that can save money and reduce stress.
Vandal Break Bus and Academic Break Transportation
Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) and the Office of the Dean of Students provide chartered buses to students for low-cost, safe and convenient transportation to Boise and Idaho Falls for fall, winter and spring breaks. Visit the Vandal Break Bus page for details and reservation information.
For students traveling to the Tri-Cities, Portland or the Seattle area, regional carrier Wheatland Express offers its "Vacation Express" service that aligns with U of I's academic break schedule. Students traveling to the Spokane area can contact Northwestern Trailways for information on daily bus service between Moscow and Spokane.
Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport
Alaska Airlines offers daily, nonstop flights between Pullman-Moscow Regional Airport and Boise. Alaska Airlines also offers daily nonstop flights to Seattle, as well as flights to other cities in the U.S. and some international destinations.
Lewiston Nez Perce County Airport
Daily nonstop jet service offered to Denver via United Airlines and Salt Lake City via Delta Airlines. Free daily shuttle service between campus and the Lewiston airport is available with 24-hour-advance booking.
Spokane International Airport Shuttles
- Northwestern Trailways offers daily transportation to Spokane International Airport. Purchase tickets at SMART Transit's office at the ITC (Intermodal Transit Center) at 1006 Railroad Street, Moscow, or contact them at 208-883-7747.
- Wheatland Express schedules airport shuttles between Moscow and Spokane International Airport that align with U of I's academic break schedule.
Regional Bus Service
- Greyhound offers bus service to many locations throughout the region and the country, including routes to the Tri-Cities and Portland.
- Northwestern Trailways offers daily bus service from Moscow to Boise, including scheduled stops at many cities on the route. They also offer daily bus service to Seattle, including cities along the I-90 corridor.
- Wheatland Express offers a "Weekend Express" to the Seattle area.